Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Who's gone from a DL1608 to a DL32R (or even an X32 rack)

<< < (6/10) > >>

dpdan:
Qu Pac has only 16 inputs  but with way more money a stage box can be connected and THEN you will have 32 inputs ;)

DL32R to me is very very hard to beat.

WK154:
Putting my systems hat on it's not about the money it's about will it do the job you need. Certainly $$ will influence your decision but if it doesn't do what you need move on. They all have their pro's and con's so in the end it's what you need that counts. Apple isn't going to change things in the next 11 months so that leaves Mackie to pull a rabbit out of the hat. Vegas here I come, roll those dice.  ;)

James91104:

--- Quote from: Rdmitch on December 01, 2015, 01:15:54 AM ---So then in comparison would it be more accurate to compare the DL16 to the XR-18 ?
--- End quote ---

Absolutely a more accurate comparison straight out of the box by both channel count and m.s.r.p. & street price alone.
However a reminder that it was the OP who identified the brand/models in consideration, be it the differences in channels and pricing. It was by this first post that
a reasonable presumption was made on my part of the posters knowledge of such differences and hence the necessary components and cost to equal the channel count of an X32Rack to that of a DL32R. But. I could have been wrong, as is evident in a previous post.  :facepalm:

James91104:

--- Quote from: WK154 on December 01, 2015, 02:59:00 AM ---Putting my systems hat on it's not about the money it's about will it do the job you need. Certainly $$ will influence your decision but if it doesn't do what you need move on. They all have their pro's and con's so in the end it's what you need that counts.
--- End quote ---

That is how I prefer to roll in my choices, however as I find more often then not with others consumer choices, $ (budget) dictate direction in decisions.
In the Consumer Triangle of desire, need, and $, the almighty typically trumps the other two factors, unfortunately similar to the Producer Triangle of
desire (features), need (time), and $ (least), where there again the almighty reigns supreme, especially if the concerns of shareholders is ever fore and present,
likely and ultimately resulting in compromise. Ye olde you want it quick, cheap or correct? Pick one.
I am sure more than a few examples and  tales of such compromise can be referenced to by members of this forum on any number and type of product and or service.

Fluddman:
I just did it. I am on my way home with ........ Drum roll please ..........a new X32 rack! I can count the number of Behringer products I own on one hand. Actually on two fingers. So I hope this proves to be a long term relationship!

I am sure a DL32r would have served me well. In the end the X32 just ticked more boxes for me. Except for bloody mic pre's - so I am going to have to buy the stage box eventually.

Thanks everyone for your valuable input.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version