Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL 32R using hard drive for backing music

<< < (5/13) > >>

wkndwarrior:
The one disappointment for me regarding the DL32R music playback system is that it will not let me load in my music files (or playlists) in the song order that I want. It seems to group the songs randomly, and then put them in numerical order. On my iPod, I have many different playlists of break music set up by genre, for different types of events. I have R&B, 80's, Blues, etc. that I play on breaks according the event, type of band, age of crowd, and so on. But with the DL32R, I can't find a way to do that. It seems to have a mind of its own. Not sure why Mackie set it up this way. It makes no sense to me.

If anyone knows of a workaround or way to do what I am describing, please let me know. Thanks!

slystewart:
I don't have a DL 32 R yet just using the 1608 we do play what I called intro tracks on various songs and on the DL 1608  this can be a bit awkward skipping from Mackie master fader to the playlist also the point that the iPad has to be docked all the time to play back music I was hoping that on the DL 32r had a more simple way to put tracks down and put them in order or groups that you wanted them to be in I have looked on various sites to find demos of people using this on the 32r this seems to be a bit of a grey area and not explained very well

Michael Welter:
I have the same frustration. So I purchased an extended range BlueTooth receiver, and I connect my iPad to that. Now I can play whatever music I want, in whatever order I want.

Kev tyler:
I don't understand why playback is so overlooked when you consider how many devices these days accept a usb stick,

I thought by now, that the Dl and the x air and all the rest would transmit playlist and song info from a stick inserted in to the usb slots on these devices straight to a page within the control app,  and I also thought that they would not fall over if it was not a wav or whatever.

Switching between control app and playback app is the main reason I have not jumped in to this market yet.

So I feel for you

Kev

RoadRanger:
There's some weird issues with licencing MP3, M4A, WMA, and such - probably too expensive for Mackie et al to absorb just to have break music playback capability :( . I think OGG is free but who wants to hassle with that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version