Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL 32R using hard drive for backing music

<< < (7/13) > >>

WK154:

--- Quote from: wkndwarrior on April 15, 2015, 07:39:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: slystewart on April 15, 2015, 09:44:47 AM ---I don't have a DL 32 R yet just using the 1608 we do play what I called intro tracks on various songs and on the DL 1608  this can be a bit awkward skipping from Mackie master fader to the playlist also the point that the iPad has to be docked all the time to play back music I was hoping that on the DL 32r had a more simple way to put tracks down and put them in order or groups that you wanted them to be in I have looked on various sites to find demos of people using this on the 32r this seems to be a bit of a grey area and not explained very well

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, it is not a grey area. It can't be done on the DL32R, from my own experience and also from talking with Mackie support. They told me I was the only one to complain about that. Hard to believe, but it is a new product, and I'm thinking maybe not a lot of users have purchased the USB portable hard drive and tried to do that yet. The Mackie support guy said to email them with my suggestion/complaint, so I did that.

Maybe if everyone else who is frustrated by this DL32R playback limitation emails Mackie also, they might get the message and fix this in future firmware revisions.  Tell them you want to be able to playback your playlists in the order you want.  Here is the support email:   techmail@mackie.com

--- End quote ---
First let me say that anything that Mackie support doesn't have a canned answer to they will tell you that it can't be done with the current equipment. This issue dates back a few years with the DL1608 and Mackie's excuse that multichannel recording can't be done. Well others have done just that. The fact that they think that AAC or MP3 is not a format that users would want is a joke. Been around that with BenO. You're absolutely right it's not a grey area, it's been done just not by Mackie.

WK154:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on April 15, 2015, 08:23:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on April 15, 2015, 08:19:40 PM ---Maybe the more technically knowledgeable here may have an explanation?
--- End quote ---
In the industry we call it "limited engineering resources" ;) :( .

--- End quote ---
Yeah that's why it only took the Audio industry 30 years to take advantage of a freebee by the Navy sonar research to develop Constant Beam-width Transducer technology (CBT by Don Keele and now JBL). Not familiar with it? Here is some info.  http://www.linkwitzlab.com/Keele%20-%20Introduction%20to%20CBT%20Loudspeaker%20Arrays.pdf

wkndwarrior:

--- Quote from: Michael Welter on April 15, 2015, 11:53:41 AM ---I have the same frustration. So I purchased an extended range BlueTooth receiver, and I connect my iPad to that. Now I can play whatever music I want, in whatever order I want.

--- End quote ---

This sounds like a nice workaround. Could you recommend a good long-range receiver? Do you find using Bluetooth drains your iPad battery faster, or do you only turn it on for breaks?  Be interested how you hook into your DL32R. Is it just a 1/8 to stereo 1/4" plugs or ?  Thanks!

Michael Welter:
I got the Amped Wireless BTSA1 Long Range Bluetooth Speaker Adapter. It has 2 RCA output jacks, which I connect to 2 1/4 inch inputs on the DL32R. I then link those two channels. So far, I've been quite impressed with the range. I've connected my iPad, laptop, and phone to it, and the range has been quite impressive. I haven't noticed any significant battery issues with the iPad.

prosoundrentals:

--- Quote from: Michael Welter on April 14, 2015, 08:13:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Topsøe on April 14, 2015, 06:42:05 PM ---I think i saw it has to be in the music folder ?

--- End quote ---
Correct. Make sure that your music files are in a folder called Music. If they are not, they won't show up.

--- End quote ---

yes I called Mackie the same day . my problem was I created sub folders and put that into the music folder,  the mixer does not recognize any sub folders inside the music folder, a bad feature, that needs to be fixed! thanx!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version