Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master/My Fader V2.0 Are Here!

<< < (10/36) > >>

Harpman:

--- Quote from: LeeSteel on November 12, 2013, 01:16:20 PM ---Pre-DSP with LR Mute OFF is going to be a HUGE benefit for my setup. As someone else posted, being able to monkey with monitors without sharing that with the entire room is awesome. Being able to change the reverb to PRE-Fader and have only effected instruments without turning them up louder in the mains is another biggie for me.

On the other hand, NOT having seperate LR EQs in any scenario might be nice to have but just not a game changer.

--- End quote ---

Lee, totally agree with you here.  One thing I've never been able to figure out is why when you mute the REV and DLY on the individual channel strip, it doesn't mute on the overall channel strip.  Anyone want to chime in here?

Wynnd:
I'm not getting the complaint about the channel linking.  I was thinking that might be nice for my two keyboards, then the EQs became the same.  I haven't had it hooked up to an output yet, so maybe that's what I'm not understanding.  I did think that when linked the channels would output to different sides and that wouldn't work for me.  Will allow myself some extra time Friday when setting up for the gig.  I don't think channel linking will be much help for me personally.   The mutes, pre-dsp and channel views are all big pluses.  (For me and probably everyone else.)   

RoadRanger:
Stereo channel linking is only useful for stereo sources going to a stereo PA or recording - and they didn't get it quite right anyways as you need the option of having a "width" control instead of a "pan" or "balance" control. Those mixers I've used that had stereo linking all had width controls so you can blend some of the left into the right and vis versa.

LeeSteel:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on November 12, 2013, 03:00:26 PM ---Stereo channel linking is only useful for stereo sources going to a stereo PA or recording - and they didn't get it quite right anyways as you need the option of having a "width" control instead of a "pan" or "balance" control. Those mixers I've used that had stereo linking all had width controls so you can blend some of the left into the right and vis versa.

--- End quote ---

I have my external audio source running into 2 channels that I have now linked. I don't think that I had realized that the audio source L & R were now flattened to a MONO mix. If that is true, that's not gonna work for me either.  :o

sam.spoons:

--- Quote from: LeeSteel on November 12, 2013, 03:37:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: RoadRanger on November 12, 2013, 03:00:26 PM ---Stereo channel linking is only useful for stereo sources going to a stereo PA or recording - and they didn't get it quite right anyways as you need the option of having a "width" control instead of a "pan" or "balance" control. Those mixers I've used that had stereo linking all had width controls so you can blend some of the left into the right and vis versa.

--- End quote ---

I have my external audio source running into 2 channels that I have now linked. I don't think that I had realized that the audio source L & R were now flattened to a MONO mix. If that is true, that's not gonna work for me either.  :o

--- End quote ---

That is not the case, if you link two channels they become a stereo pair, the input of the lower numbered channel feeds the left main output and the higher numbered channel feeds the right main output. As RR says the pan control does become a balance control as opposed to 'width'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version