Author Topic: Can't unmute channels  (Read 2945 times)

rocu

• Youngling
Can't unmute channels
« on: January 16, 2016, 05:56:46 PM »
DL1608, MF3.2.3, iPad 3, iOS 9.2

I've opened a snapshot I've used many times before and several channels are muted. The mute button is the dark red that indicates they're being muted by a group switch.

I have tried unmuting each individual channel, the NONE button, unmuting all groups, unassigning all these channels from any mute groups, opening the channels via other screens. Nothing is working. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Roy Curet
Missoula, MT

Topsøe

• Knight
Re: Can't unmute channels
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 10:44:04 PM »
Maybe they are muted by a vca ?
If in doubt ask

rocu

• Youngling
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 11:03:09 PM »
That was it!

Thanks for the solution. I didn't know muting a vca would mute all the channels assigned to it. Makes sense now that I think about it.

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 08:44:42 AM »
That's not really the correct behaviour for a VCA (DCA), it should lower the fader to -oo (infinity) but the channel should still be 'live' thus all post fade sends would be silent, but pre-fade sends would continue to operate. An example of where you may want this feature is when setting up a band for the evening and wanting their monitors live, but not wanting them to be broadcast over the FOH so you can play background music, etc.

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 11:57:07 AM »
That's not really the correct behaviour for a VCA (DCA), it should lower the fader to -oo (infinity) but the channel should still be 'live' thus all post fade sends would be silent, but pre-fade sends would continue to operate. An example of where you may want this feature is when setting up a band for the evening and wanting their monitors live, but not wanting them to be broadcast over the FOH so you can play background music, etc.

On most desks i know muting the VCA will mute the assigned channels
If in doubt ask

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 04:42:56 PM »
If you want this u need 2 change the mute behavier for the auxes, then you can mute the vca without effecting the monitors
This is found on the same place as setting the aux from pre to post
Unselect the use lr mute
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:45:25 PM by Ampli »

rocu

• Youngling
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 12:26:39 AM »
Thanks all, very helpful.