Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

FAQ: "Fix" Your Reverbs !

(1/3) > >>

RoadRanger:
I spent some time today playing with the 'verbs and found out something very interesting and non-obvious. I'm surprised the Mackie guys never told us?

Anyways turns out to select a 'verb you DON'T want to select one on the FX page :eek: ! If you do you are only selecting the kind of 'verb model but not loading proper settings for it so of course it'll sound like poo :facepalm: .

What you have to do is recall one of the "Presets". That sets the kind of 'verb and loads a proper set of settings for it. I like "ShortPlate", "Sml Stage" and "Sml Room". I'll try some of the other models with the settings those use. The "Ambience" and "Small Room" models do sound a bit on the "undetailed" side to my ear but quite acceptable - hopefully some of the other models are more detailed :) .

Update: I was using the "Lrg Room" preset yesterday outdoors and it really sounded great to me :) .

Tnelson494:
I've been using the short plate pretty much all the time started with the preset and tweaked it so that's good to know if I ever get to start messing with more variations  ;D

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Tnelson494 on March 17, 2013, 12:19:04 PM ---I've been using the short plate pretty much all the time started with the preset and tweaked it so that's good to know if I ever get to start messing with more variations  ;D

--- End quote ---
I'm hoping the V1.4 or V1.5 will give us the ability to backup, restore and trade presets with each other :D .

Tnelson494:
Well they got rid of the community aspect of the company so I really doubt they will add any way to trade presets ......  >:(

CyberHippy:
Good stuff RR, just experiment with it and I see what you mean… selecting from the Reverb drop-down doesn't change the darn settings at all (unless switching to/from Gated, where you get Release instead of Rolloff)!

Still not liking the sound of a long decay, it morphs into a Matrix-style effect that's most obvious on the Hall verbs, but now I have many more starting places to work with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version