Author Topic: DL1608 - IOS and Wireless issue  (Read 2911 times)

Alex H

• Padawan
DL1608 - IOS and Wireless issue
« on: November 04, 2014, 05:14:47 PM »
Hi
Having real problems with my DL1608 and an iPad4 running IOS8.   Here is the story so far:"

Original setup in July 2014 was iPad4 running IOS7 with 1608, and using an Airport Express (latest type) as the router.
All worked perfectly.

Updated iPad4 to IOS8 (by mistake) and the synchronisations issues started.   

Issue we are having when being used wirelessly: Every two or three minutes, the iPad will disconnect from the 1608, and then reconnect after about 15/20 seconds, with the Sync screen flashing up.       It all works perfectly when the iPad is docked, so this would seem to be a wireless issue.  Therefore:

1. I did a hard reset on the Airport Express and reconfigured
2. I have tried a second Airport Express
3. I have tried both of the above on both 2.4 and 5 GHz
4. i have tried a different router that i had in the office
5. I then tried a new ethernet cable
6. I tried a hard reset (home and On/Off) on iPad
7. I restored iPad to factory settings and reinstalled Master Fader
8. I have done a reflash of the 1608 software

This afternoon I took an old iPad1 with IOS5 and tested with this - I had no issues whatsoever in a ten minute period of testing.  I also had the iPad 4 and my iPhone5 alongside (both running IOS8) and these were demonstrating the issue during the same period

I have just had a long transatlantic call with Mackie Support, who to be fair, appear genuinely puzzled.  They say they have had no other reported issues regarding IOS and wireless disconnection.  They have suggested I do an iPad reset, which i can do, but don't think this will work, as I can demonstrate the issue on more than one device.

I do realise from the forums that many people have updated to IOS8 and it is all working, so I am at a loss to understand if this is a problem with the iPad, 1608 or IOS8 !!

I would try and use my iPad1, but of course, you guessed it, it had a 30 pin connection and my 1608 a lightning connector, so whilst I can use it wirelessly, I cannot use it docked, so will need to use both iPads at the forthcoming events if I cant get this sorted  :( :( :(

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: DL1608 - IOS and Wireless issue
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 06:13:09 PM »
Hey Alex,

As I’m pretty sure you’ve read my very early posts on my DL1608 adventures, just to recap… My DL was working fine on iOS 7. No issues, I upgraded to 7.1.1 and it completely bricked it. I went practically through every step you did and nothing. It became a very expensive boat anchor. I have the same Apple AirPort Express too.

I took it back to my music store and got a complete refund. I now use a school’s DL, new one, 30 pin. I Have 2 iPad 2's on iOS 8.1 and it's running perfectly. Not one issue. I am happy, but like you, confused. There is no rhyme, nor reason for seemingly random failures. Mackie's fault? Apple's fault, no idea. It sucks that you are having issues after an iOS update. If it's still under warranty you might be able to have it exchanged/replaced, or even a refund from where you bought it.

At least for now you can still run it wirelessly. That's a plus! I hope Mackie and Beno can come up with a fix of some sort for you to get this sorted out. You're definitely not alone in the issue dept. albeit a small group.  :) I apologize for not giving you a better answer, but maybe some moral support?

PS: You mentioned iOS 8 not 8.1? Cause that may fix the issues. 8.1 update that is. Just asking.  :)

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 06:17:31 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler