General Forums > The Harmony Central Refugee Camp

This is kinda funny (warning: HC content)

(1/2) > >>

RoadRanger:
If you go into Anderton's profile on HC and look over to that amazing right hand column:

"Anderton currently has 2 friends."

RoadRanger:
Hey, I figured I'd befriend him - he is doing what little he can to get HC 2.0 fixed for us after all. He really just works there these days and isn't part of the management team :(. You should all befriend him too:
http://www.harmonycentral.com/people/Anderton

Nobody Told Me:
This begs the question:   Why do we need a friends list on a forum?  If you're posting in an online forum, aren't you already participating in a social network?  Why does HC feel the need to try to be "facebook for musicians"?  What's next - a text box so you can tweet what note you're playing right now?

No disrespect towards Craig Anderton.  I've been reading his stuff since I first learned how to wield a soldering iron 30 years ago.  I have nothing but respect for the guy. 

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Nobody Told Me on April 15, 2010, 12:34:07 PM ---This begs the question:   Why do we need a friends list on a forum?
--- End quote ---
It isn't a forum - it is trying to be all things to all people.

"Jack of all trades, master of none"

:(

ZombieCat:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on April 14, 2010, 10:49:01 PM ---"Anderton currently has 2 friends."

--- End quote ---

That is 2 more friends than I have. Not sure what that says about me.  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version