Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Desk causing iPad problems?

<< < (2/3) > >>

robmcl:
I've had my 1608 for about 3yrs and use an iPad 2.  If you hadn't seen the exact same issue on a second IPad, I would have suggested troubleshooting the iPad.  Eg. Does the iPad reboot while running MF via a wireless connection.  This is obviously irelevent.
Having followed this and other boards for quite a while, I can say this is a new (or at least very uncommon) issue.   The 1604 would seem to be at fault.   If you got it from a store that still sells them, go in and ask to dock your iPad in their unit.   Most reputable stores will be happy to help you troubleshoot.    If it runs fine for an hour etc, then you've prob confirmed the hardware issue of your own unit.   Depending on warranty get it replaced or repaired.
Sorry to hear about that.

Wynnd:
As I recall there was an issue that required the docked ipad to be charged at least 90%.   The dock will maintain charge, but some are running into inadequate capacity to normally recharge the ipad while docked.  I don't recall exactly what this is supposed to fix.

pytchley:
Seems like no one else here has had this problem, looks like a defective DL to me. Maybe BenO has something to say? He follows this forum and might have heard of the same issue with other users.

WK154:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on March 13, 2016, 03:04:52 AM ---As I recall there was an issue that required the docked ipad to be charged at least 90%.   The dock will maintain charge, but some are running into inadequate capacity to normally recharge the ipad while docked.  I don't recall exactly what this is supposed to fix.

--- End quote ---
The 90% charge was to avoid frequent sync issues when docked. AFAIK DL has no means of causing iPad reboots.

Rdmitch:
Been running my 1608 as well as another bands 1608 and a dl32 for 3 years, I  never seen a total reboot caused by any of the boards. Since this has occurred with multiple iPads it seems apparent that the problem lies in your mixer. Hopefully it's still covered under mackie warranty. I would request a replacement ASAP

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version