Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

My First Impressions with MF 3.X and the DL1608. If You're Interested?

<< < (4/6) > >>

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Rdmitch on February 08, 2015, 11:37:10 AM ---I guess the moral of the story is to always be prepared for the worst.
Know how to do a quick reboot and don't go into a panic mode.
Just like other systems there can be glitches that can happen.
I had power issues all the time with my PreSonus board that took about 20 seconds to reboot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

100%  :thu: :thu:

Wynnd:
That was my number one reason for buying a second ipad.  I did have my iphone, but until My Fader 3.x is released, that isn't helping.  Doing a wedding reception this evening.  (providing sound for one of the Colorado Springs jazz sax talents.  Tony Exum Jr.  Music will be great.)  Will be carrying my Alesis Multimix 16 firewire as a backup.  So far, I've never needed to use a backup since I started using the DL1608. (Or the MixWiz before it.)  But people keep reminding me that it's always a good idea to have backups for critical systems.  (Hadn't thought about it, but by carrying two keyboards, there is a default backup if one fails.) 

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on February 08, 2015, 03:50:18 PM ---That was my number one reason for buying a second ipad.  I did have my iphone, but until My Fader 3.x is released, that isn't helping.  Doing a wedding reception this evening.  (providing sound for one of the Colorado Springs jazz sax talents.  Tony Exum Jr.  Music will be great.)  Will be carrying my Alesis Multimix 16 firewire as a backup.  So far, I've never needed to use a backup since I started using the DL1608. (Or the MixWiz before it.)  But people keep reminding me that it's always a good idea to have backups for critical systems.  (Hadn't thought about it, but by carrying two keyboards, there is a default backup if one fails.)

--- End quote ---

You’re right on there. Never needed a backup with this particular DL, but like you, I carry the ZED 10 into the gig. Maybe it gives off positive energy that the DL picks up? Or the Force?  :angel:  Whatever, it works and I’d bet dollars to donuts that if I didn’t bring the backup, the DL would act up.  :laugh:

Wynnd:
Didn't use any of my backup equipment.  Only used two of my monitors.  (Brought 5 monitors.)   Like all my previous work with Tony Exum Jr, it was delightful.  What a great bunch of musicians and people.  (And I've always liked Wedding Receptions.)  A bit loud for my personal taste.  (105 dbc on the far side of the dance floor.)  Spent most of the night across the dance floor mixing from my mini-ipad.  (kept turning down the back lighting.) 

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on February 09, 2015, 05:53:07 AM ---Didn't use any of my backup equipment.  Only used two of my monitors.  (Brought 5 monitors.)   Like all my previous work with Tony Exum Jr, it was delightful.  What a great bunch of musicians and people.  (And I've always liked Wedding Receptions.)  A bit loud for my personal taste.  (105 dbc on the far side of the dance floor.)  Spent most of the night across the dance floor mixing from my mini-ipad.  (kept turning down the back lighting.)

--- End quote ---

105 dbc isn't that pretty loud for a jazz band? I am certainly no expert on db levels but I've started to pay more attention to them lately. Last week I did a rock band that in my opinion was way too loud - they were about 100 dba (average). The room probably made it worse - lots of hard reflective surfaces (the only carpet in the room was under the drummers kit).

Maybe my iPhone app is not the best for this.   Wynn what are you using to measure with and any reason why you chose dbc?

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version