Author Topic: iPod/iPhone battery life?  (Read 5253 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
iPod/iPhone battery life?
« on: June 20, 2013, 06:44:33 PM »
I gave my iPod Touch with My Fader to the keyboardist yesterday - this is the first time I've run IEM's with it. The battery only seemed to last an hour or so :( . Is that normal when they are left "on"? It was outdoors so the brightness was up fairly high. I've had no problem with the iPads' battery life so assumed :facepalm: that the iPod Touch would be plenty for a two hour gig x( .

He had an iPhone but I didn't know how to deal with the security issues of demanding that he let me enter my network password and lock him out of all but his aux - plus convince him to disable auto connect. IMO having zero security on the DL1608 besides the network password sucks :( .
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 06:49:09 PM by RoadRanger »

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: iPod/iPhone battery life?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 09:55:38 PM »
I have exactly the same concerns about letting my band mates have My Fader access to the DL.

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 04:29:20 AM »
Hi
Dont have an ipod/iphone but why not give them a charger too ??
Way saver if battery doesnt last that long
Marco

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 08:12:01 AM »
I gave my iPod Touch with My Fader to the keyboardist yesterday - this is the first time I've run IEM's with it. The battery only seemed to last an hour or so :( . Is that normal when they are left "on"? It was outdoors so the brightness was up fairly high. I've had no problem with the iPads' battery life so assumed :facepalm: that the iPod Touch would be plenty for a two hour gig x( .

He had an iPhone but I didn't know how to deal with the security issues of demanding that he let me enter my network password and lock him out of all but his aux - plus convince him to disable auto connect. IMO having zero security on the DL1608 besides the network password sucks :( .

BTW, I use the same workaround for the security problem by having an iPod Touch to hand out (though the plan is to give it to a mate for FOH when I'm playing). Battery life is poor at best  :(

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 02:25:59 PM »
Dont have an ipod/iphone but why not give them a charger too ?? Way saver if battery doesnt last that long
In this particular case it was for the keyboard player who also plays guitar at opposite ends of the stage :o so needs to carry the iPod Touch back and forth. They also play two hour shows straight through so no break to put it on the charger x( . I ended up giving him my iPad Mini and undocking my iPad 2 for me to use.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 02:28:18 PM by RoadRanger »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 02:38:38 PM »
If you have an iPhone this looks like it would work:
http://www.mophie.com/mophie-juice-pack-air-iPhone-4-4S-battery-case-p/1145_jpa-ip4-blk.htm
They have them for both the "4" and "5" :) - but not for the iPod Touch :( .

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 02:43:54 PM »
I am confused as the latest iPhone and iTouch are spec'd at around 8 hours of battery life on video playback or internet browsing  I'd think they could run My Fader that long too?