Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Feedback quandary

(1/9) > >>

Harpman:
You would think having compression on a vocal channel whould be used to eliminate feedback on a channel rather than cause it.  I ran into a scenerio last Saturday where I isolated feedback coming from one of the vocal channels and the only way I was able to quickly eliminate it was to DISABLE compression on the vocal channel.  Anyone care to explain that one? ???

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Harpman on July 18, 2013, 03:58:56 AM ---You would think having compression on a vocal channel would be used to eliminate feedback on a channel rather than cause it.
--- End quote ---
Nobody I know thinks that - quite the opposite as you demonstrated.

Harpman:
I know, it was weird. I did my typical cutting surrounding frequencies in the 5kHz range to eliminate the mid-range FB and didn't do a thing. Disabled the compression and voila no more feedback. Goes against the "laws of sound"  :lol:

RoadRanger:
I think you misunderstood what I said - compression DOES increase the likelihood of feedback.

Fluddman:
+1 Compression does increase the chances of feedback.

That's why there are quite a few people asking Makie to make the aux sends switchable pre/post EQ and Dynamics. Currently they can be switched pre or post the channel fader but not pre or post EQ/Dynamics - I am not sure how they missed this one. (Please vote for it!)

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version