Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Pin One Problem on DL1608

<< < (9/15) > >>

WK154:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-12-Volt-DC-Power-Supply-5-Amp-5A-12V-Adapter-LCD-CB-/280869637201?pt=Laptop_Adapters_Chargers&hash=item4165228c51
AdapterMonster supply

nottooloud:
Bought that one. 2 wire AC cable. Mackie's digital hash is gone. On the other hand, this supply makes it's own noise, and radiates like crazy. Very position sensitive. Noise goes up when I touch it and become an antennae. Still a dramatic improvement.

WK154:
Did you run the chassis ground to safety? Without it you missed the boat.

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: WK154 on June 18, 2013, 06:53:05 PM ---Did you run the chassis ground to safety? Without it you missed the boat.

--- End quote ---

Tried the screws next to the ethernet jack, and tried the ground nut of the 1/4". Noise increased slightly. Granted, this was a worst case hookup, 1/4" ts to an unbalanced input high gain device, cranked up. At normal operating levels, the noise is easily acceptable with the adaptermonster supply. Reviews of these supplies on Amazon by people using them for their intended purpose, powering LCD monitors, do talk about noise in the image frequently, though. It doesn't suffer from Mackie's ground issue, but it's certainly not a quality piece of kit. Still and all, I'll use it. I'll also carry the Mackie supply.

Thanks for finding this.

WK154:
You definitely don't want to use the 1/4 nut and the screws by the power/net plugs may miss the chassis shield that's why I used spade lugs to squeeze between the plastic case and the chassis for a good connection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version