Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Phantom Power ?

<< < (4/6) > >>

WK154:
Mic combiners such as the AT8681 at $60 would take care of the problem and provide a limited balance control. There are probably less expensive units out there. These pass phantom power.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on March 26, 2013, 07:41:30 PM ---Mic combiners such as the AT8681 at $60 would take care of the problem [...]
--- End quote ---
What problem? ;D

WK154:
Tying active outputs together. Having some balance control! Not introducing any more noise than necessary. Of course -50dBu is probably considered quiet in your live venues.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on March 26, 2013, 08:50:50 PM ---Tying active outputs together.
--- End quote ---
As I said it is perfectly OK with the type of output a typical phantom powered mic has:

WK154:
Really Ron!!
This circuit isn't even close to the cheapest I'm aware of. I'm not here to argue design points or much of anything else. My experience and mainstream audio design believes otherwise. Once again most companies in the MI business would not produce a product that had no functionality (except for the cable industry). If you want to save a few pennies and cobble together a makeshift solution more power to you. Times have changed and this business has learned a few things over the years (especially from the computer industry (Creative Labs send them into a price tailspin)). Since 30% of the population is hearing impaired (House Ear Institute ) add a few beers or mohito's for the rest and who cares anyway! I totally get your point!!!! Technically no EE. Some of the most informative information I have found for general use is Bill Witlocks Pres. at Jensen Transformers. He is a recognized authority on noise subject's      http://www.jensen-transformers.com/an/generic%20seminar.pdf    and Bob Katz has a new iPad audio book worth reading (google it). Both worth reading. Even non tech types will walk away with some simple basic rules that will remove the Myths and mysteries of this opinionated profession or as Einstein put it "it's all relative".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version