Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Tool to prepare DL32R multichannel files for your DAW

<< < (3/4) > >>

Weogo:
Hi Torsten,

Another Thanks!

The program is working nicely for me!

I have a backlog of files to work on and this will make it that bit easier...

Good health,  Weogo 

rhollinshead:
I stumbled across this post and saw that it catered for Windows guys but not Mac/Unix guys... so thought I would drop in some code that may be useful for you guys that are currently not using Windows. It's not supported, it's just here as code that I use in processing my files that may be useful for others. Don't come bitching about how you don't like it etc... it's a freebie that was never meant for wider use.

Like ToH2002's solution, it's backbone is sox, so you will need that (download and install SOX (http://sox.sourceforge.net)). Make sure it's on your path!

Save the code as demuxer.sh and then ./demuxer.sh to run.

You'll need to put your files from the DL32R into the path as specified by INPUT_DIR. EXTRACT_DIR and OUTPUT_DIR is where the output from Sox goes... I tend to keep these the same and use the "solo" and "whole" in the file names to differentiate if needs be. I am guessing you guys all want to be working with the "whole".

Only gotcha - don't use an underscore (_) in the FILE_PREFIX (e.g. when setting a filename in the record section of the the Mackie DL32R, use a name that doesn't use an _ !)

Apart from that, you're good to go.

Let me know if it's any use to any of you. And remember you need plenty of disk space. Yes, I know there is no error checking and the like... but this was 5 minutes of code that was intended for my use only, not any commercial operation by any means!

If it's any use to any of you, a donation to the MS Society would make you an angel (https://donate.mssociety.org.uk/)

--- Code: ---# QUICK DIRTY DEMUXER FOR MACKIE DL32R by Russ Hollinshead
INPUT_DIR=~/Desktop/russtemp
EXTRACT_DIR=~/Desktop/russtemp/out
OUTPUT_DIR=~/Desktop/russtemp/out
FILE_PREFIX=Festival

#find number of channels in filename
#the number directly before the .wav
echo "Getting the number of channels in the recording..."
MAX_TRACK_NUMBER=`soxi $INPUT_DIR/*.wav | grep Channels | cut -f2 -d: | sed "s/ //g" | tail -1`
echo "NOTIFICATION: Found $MAX_TRACK_NUMBER channels of audio in the multitracks recording."

echo "Finding the number of chunked files..."

MAX_CHUNK_NUMBER=0
LS_OUTPUT=`ls -1 $INPUT_DIR`

for f in $LS_OUTPUT; do
  CURRENT_CHUNK_NUMBER_FOUND=`echo $f | cut -f2 -d_ | cut -f1 -d.`
  echo $f | cut -f2 -d_ | cut -f1 -d.
  echo currently looking at chunk number ${CURRENT_CHUNK_NUMBER_FOUND}
  if [[ ${CURRENT_CHUNK_NUMBER_FOUND} -gt ${MAX_CHUNK_NUMBER} ]]; then
     MAX_CHUNK_NUMBER=${CURRENT_CHUNK_NUMBER_FOUND}
     echo MAX_CHUNK_NUMBER is ${CURRENT_CHUNK_NUMBER_FOUND}
  fi
done

echo FOUND ${MAX_CHUNK_NUMBER} multitrack files containing ${MAX_TRACK_NUMBER} channels of audio. Lets get seperating!

# EXTRACT THE INDIVIDUAL CHANNEL TRACKS
for (( CHUNK_NUMBER=1; CHUNK_NUMBER<=${MAX_CHUNK_NUMBER}; CHUNK_NUMBER++ )); do
   for (( CHANNEL=1; CHANNEL<=${MAX_TRACK_NUMBER}; CHANNEL++ )); do
      sox ${INPUT_DIR}/${FILE_PREFIX}_${CHUNK_NUMBER}.wav ${EXTRACT_DIR}/solo_${FILE_PREFIX}_${CHUNK_NUMBER}_${CHANNEL}.wav remix ${CHANNEL}
   done
done

# STITCH ALL THE INDIVIDUAL TRACKS
for (( CHANNEL=1; CHANNEL<=${MAX_TRACK_NUMBER}; CHANNEL++ )); do
   COMMAND_ARGS=""
   for (( CHUNK_NUMBER=1; CHUNK_NUMBER<=${MAX_CHUNK_NUMBER}; CHUNK_NUMBER++ )); do
      COMMAND_ARGS="${COMMAND_ARGS} ${EXTRACT_DIR}/solo_${FILE_PREFIX}_${CHUNK_NUMBER}_${CHANNEL}.wav"
      if [ $CHUNK_NUMBER = ${MAX_CHUNK_NUMBER} ]; then
        sox $COMMAND_ARGS $OUTPUT_DIR/whole-${FILE_PREFIX}_channel-${CHANNEL}.wav
        COMMAND_ARGS=""
      fi
   done
done

--- End code ---

JohnMHoyt:
Noice....  I ditched my mac stuff in favor of more affordable and more powerful winders based solutions, but I do have several FreeBSD servers in my business, so I might put one of those to work using your script =)

Thanks rhollinshead... and believe me, people will bitch, even if it's free... no, especially if it's free. Hahahaha

JohnMHoyt:
Man, AudioDemuxer has been working great until today...     Sigh, it opens, it's in the task bar, but the window never appears....

Reinstalled, no luck...     Reinstalled SOX

Let me know if you can think of anything that might be keeping it from opening the GUI.

JohnMHoyt:
Nevermind.... It just was not showing the window until I hovered over it and hit MAXIMUM size, boom open....

Fixed now, it was user error =)
Thank God - I use this thing every week, sometimes multiple times.

Merry Christmas!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version