Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

IEM - Pre or Post

(1/5) > >>

musicman7722:
I have just joined a new band and convinced them all to to IEM.  Wow nice eh.  I have been using them for years with a splitter etc.  This band has no FOH person so I am FOH and bass.

So with the new version 2.0 which of the 3 settings should I use on the aux out to to the IEM user.

Thank you   :facepalm:

Chris

RoadRanger:
If you are running sound from the stage you'll want a wireless for your bass so you can wander out front to hear the PA and to not use an IEM - how will you know what the PA sounds like with an IEM?

musicman7722:
Yes I have and know that thanks,  but which setting would you run the aux outs.  I'm thinking post so the users can enjoy the tonality of the channels.

Wynnd:
That's good advice at one level, but in addition, you as the primary sound guy, should have your IEMs set as post fader or just tap the FOH mix.  If you handle that and can keep your own perception in line, you should be fine.  Just remember that guitarists tend to expect more guitar and bassists expect more bass and drummers, well you get the picture.  You might need to use an Aux tailored to your expectations.  You do have the advantage of being used to the IEMs.  One thing that I recently realized is that IEMs can be used to make the band louder.  I always expected they would be used to bring stage volume down.  Might want to decide what direction this group needs.  I wish you well.

musicman7722:
Forgot to mentioned the guitar players have ditched their amps so the only onstage sound is the drummer...:)  I feel like snoopy jumping up in the air.  For myself I split one of the main outs into channel 16 and treat that as a FOH send to my aux mix only.  Then if I need anything more for myself I can bring it up.  I have found in general going out front once in awhile with out the buds is the best test.  So you agree use post on the aux right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version