Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Anyone still using MF on an iPad 1

(1/10) > >>

Harpman:
I'm currently using my iPad 3 docked to the DL1608 and my iPad Air for FOH.  I just got an iPad mixing app (Auria) working with my 2 Focusrite 18i20's and it sees all 16 channels.  I'm using a splitter snake where 16 channels go to the DL and 16 go to the Focusrite units connected via an ADAT cable.  Auria doesn't see all my channels 9-16 (ADAT) when using the iPad 1 (works great with the iPad Air). With that being said, I want to use my iPad 1 for FOH connected to my Airport Express Wifi. That way I can use the iPad Air with Auria to do multitrack recordings at gigs.  Any thoughts?

robbocurry:
I still have one Harpman, it works ok but much better when undocked:)

Oddeotek:
I'm still using my iPad 1, running 2.1.1, docked as a backup. It still works well although, when I use it wirelessly, I notice a slight delay in the response from the mixer compared to the iPad Mini that I use FOH. I will probably swap it out with my wife's iPad 2 when MF no longer supports it since she has GAS for the iPad Air. That being said, if I only had the iPad 1 right now, I would still be content using it wirelessly for the gigs I cover. I use an Apple express for WiFi and it's performed flawlessly for the last 17 months.

WK154:
I thought that I was a gear junky but you're passing me by. Did Kat at Auria fix your issue with iPad 1 or was it only with 3 ? I still don't see the need for the splitter snake is there a catch?

Harpman:
Bill, you know me.  I'm a technology junkie much like you :lol:. Kat is actually with Focusrite and IMHO, the best they've got in support.  She seems to think it's an Audio Core issue on the iPad 1.  It's interesting that the Audio Core settings show up in Auria when connected to my iPad Air, but not on the iPad 1.  I will tell you something, if I could design a powered hub that can both charge the iPad and also be able to connect the interface side to my 18i20, I would get rich and retire tomorrow.  My worry is using Auria on my iPad Air and worrying about draining it during a 3-4 hour gig.  I would naturally turn off all the normal stuff (i.e. Bluetooth, WiFi, Notifications, etc.).  Going to try this scenario with The Acoustic Groove this Thursday and Friday and see how it works out.  Curious to see how much the Auria app draws.  I turned off all the FX in Auria and running dry.  I can level and fix FX post production.  I think I have the most compact rig (My Studio-On-Wheels) now that I can take to live gigs and record.

Thanks Oddeotek and Robbocurry for your input.  Yeah, I wouldn't chance docking the iPad 1 and I agree, the Apple Express has been flawless for me as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version