Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Anyone still using MF on an iPad 1

<< < (2/10) > >>

Harpman:

--- Quote from: WK154 on April 01, 2014, 05:23:43 PM ---I thought that I was a gear junky but you're passing me by. Did Kat at Auria fix your issue with iPad 1 or was it only with 3 ?
--- Quote ---I still don't see the need for the splitter snake is there a catch?
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

In regards to the splitter snake, yes there is a catch.  I don't have to rely on the DL for anything.  No daisy chaining, worries about Pre's overloading, etc.  Seismic Audio makes the splitter snake (http://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/rack-mount-16-channel-splitter-snake-2-15-trunks/p/SARMSS-16x1515#.UzsNE_ldV8E)  Got it for $183 with discount and free shipping!

WK154:
I have what your describing for the 30 pin connector and of course there is a 30 pin to N connector converter (Yuk!). I would imagine that by now they also have a N to USB/SD powered hub. The unit uses the Apple wall wart for a power supply.
Here is the link to the item.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-3-Port-Hub-Camera-Connection-Combo-Kit-Card-Reader-Adapter-for-iPad-2-3-NEW-/230994161528?pt=US_Memory_Card_Readers_USB_Host_Adapters&hash=item35c8532f78

abzurd:
I still use an ipad1. Sometimes I use it on it's own mic stand off to the side so I can use it as a second mixing point. Other times it just sits as a backup. Mackie will have to do some pretty impressive updates as it will cost me $200+ for a backup ipad if I adopt future releases of masterfader. At this point the only thing I see that would entice me would be multi-track recording, which is absolutely possible, the #1 requested enhancement, and one Mackie will need to stay competitive with the other small "tablet" mixers, which will all have the capability, either out of the box or by expansion.

WK154:

--- Quote from: Harpman on April 01, 2014, 07:03:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on April 01, 2014, 05:23:43 PM ---I thought that I was a gear junky but you're passing me by. Did Kat at Auria fix your issue with iPad 1 or was it only with 3 ?
--- Quote ---I still don't see the need for the splitter snake is there a catch?
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

In regards to the splitter snake, yes there is a catch.  I don't have to rely on the DL for anything.  No daisy chaining, worries about Pre's overloading, etc.  Seismic Audio makes the splitter snake (http://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/rack-mount-16-channel-splitter-snake-2-15-trunks/p/SARMSS-16x1515#.UzsNE_ldV8E)  Got it for $183 with discount and free shipping!

--- End quote ---
I trust you're only using one of the phantom power sources!!! DL or Focusrite or none at all.

WK154:
Any minor update from now on will blow all iPad 1's out of the water. Since Feb all new posts to the Appstore must be compiled with the new development environment no exceptions! Which eliminates iOS 5 or earlier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version