Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Still a DL1608 Happy Camper!

<< < (3/7) > >>

Kev tyler:
I did try in the past to copy the entire " my music" folder from one laptop to another to sync with my pad, which had had relationships with both laptops in the past, let's just say that was one weekend of heartache that I will never attempt again,

Some guys say that the apps are just zips and they should be interchangeable, deletable and restorable, I am just not competent enough to argue,

I do know this, a bloke who created the app " one track " asked me to beta test a new version, I downloaded it off his server and placed it in a folder on the computer, and when I synced my pad, I had the old and the beta versions on my pad, so what the hell is going on, if it worked for his app, why can't behringer and mackie offer a download or just have 3 versions of the apps by date etc on the App Store?

Cheers

Kev

sam.spoons:
Beta testers can download apps directly but, apparently, Apple App Store rules don't allow a programmer to distribute an app this way. Mackie/Behringer would probably not want to risk incurring the "Wrath Of The Fruit".

It is possible (as us Mackoids know) to have different versions in the app store simultaneously but, now the upgrade has taken place Berry will have to resubmit X32-Mix 2.2.2 as, say, X32-Mix lite or something (maybe X32-Mix 2.4.1?). Mackie did that with Master Fader Classic but it did take a few weeks and Berry may have the patch for V2.3 sorted by then.

Kev tyler:
Cheers Chas

The world is mad, in every little part of our lives. we are all victims of control freaks it seems.

Death tax and iOS updates. There is no escape.

😄

WK154:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on January 02, 2016, 03:52:05 PM ---Cheers Chas

The world is mad, in every little part of our lives. we are all victims of control freaks it seems.

Death tax and iOS updates. There is no escape.

😄

--- End quote ---

Like Hell, fight back!!

We all know music is a universal language. Let me give you another, Dollars, Pounds, Euros, Lira's, Rubles, Yen etc. let them know your opinions I guarantee they'll listen.

Kev tyler:
Sorry but, you can cheat death, you can fiddle your tax, but iOS updates and apples strong hold over the way we use products we paid for, well I am not so sure,

It seems like they are calling the shots, I have never wondered about it until Sam spoons brought it up, the distribution of  iOS apps, even if they are free, only through apples outlet, not via an email or download from the bloke who owns and created the app. Incredible when you think about it.

Kev

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version