Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL iPad Playback Noise - Mackie Survey

<< < (4/6) > >>

Wynnd:
There is a bit of this being rare enough to consider that it's most likely a marginal component.  (IC or whatever.)  Why it's a bit intermittent is the real question.  I really hate intermittent problems.  I would rather things just break!  (Bet that Mackie would too in this case.)

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: WK154 on August 12, 2014, 01:14:46 AM ---Hey Beno let me help you with that since you're just looking to buy time. Get a returned  DL 1608 serial # 2037399CRGA0231 it's the closest thing to on demand failure. It's also iBlokes unit that you already have the sound file for. So what if it's in Australia. Is it important to you then overnight it otherwise quit with the BS delay tactics. We've been there before.

--- End quote ---
Bit harsh there WK!
We don't know what constraints Ben has on his time and resources, results of your test may be beyond Ben's control.
Let's face it, with this "widespread noise problem" only eight people could be bothered to do the survey. If people experiencing the problem can't be bothered, why should Mackie?
Or......
Given the communal outpouring of indifference, it doesn't seem like such a big issue after all.
Maybe it's just a gust of wind blowing through the forum? ;)

WK154:
Robbo: Reality sometimes seems harsh but it is what it is. I won't pick apart his last response. He is however responsible for the Digital Mixer product line for Mackie and a widespread issue like this would certainly in my day warrant top priority for all resources at my disposal. There is a post on Mackie's Facebook by Sue Nami, a Irish activist (male) and he posted a link to a reviewers article on the DL806 where the noise issue surfaced during the review. Sue Nami stated that he would most likely be blocked or removed from the Mackie site for bringing this up. I'll see how long his comment will survive. Yes all issues pertaining to the noise and sync issues have disappeared from the Mackie Facebook site and everywhere else that Mackie has control over. The tech form of ethnic cleansing. This forum is a thorn in his side. So ask yourself why is he here? I have a fairly good idea.

Wynnd:
I'm beginning to think that it's a rare issue but with very vocal owners affected.  Sure seems like Mackie might just win big by warrantying the affected units.  Of course, if they can't reproduce the problem with the shipped back units, it could become a way to replace one good unit with another good unit.  (Would people be stupid enough to do that?  If you've got a good one, you had better hold onto it.) 

WK154:
Wynnd: Just a little perspective based on posts on this forum, of the 5400 posts a minimum of 512 are about the noise/sync issue. There is also a bunch more in titles that have no hint about noise/sync. People have returned units only to receive one with possibly a little less frequent a problem. Then it simply becomes a matter of finding a workaround or selling. RR had it right when he inadvertently described the target market " And any of the users having the issue who aren't terminally stoopid should have found there way here by now ;) " Well they're not here, at least not as members.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version