Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Big Problem switching from DL1608 to DL32R

<< < (2/2)

fazmanicg:

--- Quote from: WK154 on December 03, 2014, 08:16:47 PM ---Set your trim to default. Use your gain settings since it's the only control that can affect your S/N ratio which you want to maximize.

--- End quote ---

Thanks WK154.  I actually found the 200+ page reference manual for Master Fader 3.0, and saw that as well.  The manual mentions nothing of the trim at all. I am assuming that the trim is for finite adjustments?
I will be giving it a good test over the next few days.

Ampli:
The gain is for the xlr input channels, u dont need the trim
If u route the usb to the channel then u have to use the trim, the gain does then nothing ( gain is for the preamp)

fazmanicg:

--- Quote from: Ampli on December 03, 2014, 09:09:41 PM ---The gain is for the xlr input channels, u dont need the trim
If u route the usb to the channel then u have to use the trim, the gain does then nothing ( gain is for the preamp)

--- End quote ---

I have it all disconnected at this point, but I could swear when I had a Mic plugged into channel 1, for instance, if I had the gain up, and then raised the trim, it did change the level.  Again, I was playing around with everything so I could be wrong (Getting old ya know lol) .... I'll definitely pay attention to this more.  But as you guys noted, I will leave the trim alone and use the gain for the inputs (XLRs)  Thank you!

WK154:

--- Quote from: fazmanicg on December 03, 2014, 09:33:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: Ampli on December 03, 2014, 09:09:41 PM ---The gain is for the xlr input channels, u dont need the trim

--- End quote ---

I have it all disconnected at this point, but I could swear when I had a Mic plugged into channel 1, for instance, if I had the gain up, and then raised the trim, it did change the level.  Again, I was playing around with everything so I could be wrong (Getting old ya know lol) .... I'll definitely pay attention to this more.  But as you guys noted, I will leave the trim alone and use the gain for the inputs (XLRs)  Thank you!

--- End quote ---
As I mentioned in another thread the trim unfortunately is in the common path of preamp and USB/Dante in the DL32R. It would have made more sense to make trim just for USB/Dante input.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version