Unofficial Mackie User Forums > The Mackie Forums Refugee Camp

us made versus china made mixers

(1/2) > >>

cadman95682:
newbie to this forum.  I am having a discussion with a member in the band that insists that his newer Mackie 8 channel mixer has better preamps than my older 1604.  would anyone please chime in on this.  thanks

Sir Krang:
Yeah but, does it sound good?

I simply use stuff that sounds good. Don't care where it's made.

And if we're gunna do the USA vs China/Asia thing, then I gotta say I've owned 3 Harley Davidsons, and a Buell X1 (also made in USA) and 9 Asian motorcycles.

Zero problems with the Asian bikes

One problem after another with the Harley's. And the Buell was the most unreliable POS I've ever thrown a leg over.

No they ain't mixers, but I don't believe the country of manufacture makes one product better than another.
Great stuff can come from any country. But so can crappy products.

cadman95682:
no, it isn't a usa versus china deal.  he just is insistant that his newer mixer is better than my older standby.  hey, I've worked in a lumber mill and my hearing isn't the best, however, I don't necessarily believe his b.s. that his preamps are better.  period.  plus, with a new member in the band we could easily use the extra channels.

ijpengelly:
Surely this depends on which models we are talking about. The VLZ(1-3) was a very good design, but the Onyx was better. If his is an 8 channel Onyx he may be right... like the 820i. (Note that the VLZ4 is considered Onyx). The difference is likely to only be realised in a studio environment mind.

cadman95682:
the 16 channel mixer I am comparing is not the vlz model.  I do have an 16 channel onyx, however, the power supply went out.   I did have it fixed but it seems impossible to get a replacement power supply for the onyx.  the 8 channel mixer mentioned above is not an onyx model.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version