Bassaholics Anonymous > Amps

Amps I've owned.

<< < (2/4) > >>

RoadRanger:
I forgot my first rig. It was a Heathkit solid state combo that had the cab sawed off that the keyboardist gave me. I had a Radio Shack 15" in a particle board cab I built and some weird trapezoidal 2x15 cab I bought used for cheap (don't remember the brand). I ran the 2x15 on my side of the drummer and the 1x15 on the other and got pretty good coverage without needing much in the PA. The head was only rated for 4 ohms so I was pushin' it a bit :o.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: audiopile on April 16, 2010, 12:45:20 AM ---Humm... I have a Tube Works 1500 Mosvalve (rackmount unit) currently running as a slave amp to power the warehouse speakers.  I wonder if it would be better utilized doing bass guitar duty?
--- End quote ---
They do sound tubey when pushed. Just saw a rackmount blue tube for sale on fleabay - make nice "old school sound" preamps. I think I have 12AV7's in mine - a lot smoother overdrive than the stock 12AX7's. The "AX" sounds kinda SVTish while the "AV" sounds kinda B15ish.

monthlymixcd:
It's Fliptops for me now... Talkbass Ampeg Portaflex Club Member #12

It's a '72 B-15S w/ an Eminence Kappa15FL-2 speaker and an early '80s B-15T w/ an EV. I have adapter cables so I can play each head through either cab. Cell phone pic, sorry...

I had a blackline SVT head with a straighty 8x10 from '69 before these two... it's now rockin' the West Des Moines Methodist Church IIRC.   :o

RoadRanger:
Nice fliptops!

:)

audiopile:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on April 15, 2010, 10:52:54 PM ---It came with TWO V9 cabs (9 x 10" speakers)
--- End quote ---
possibly a bonus trivia points opportunity:  I was under the impression the V9 cabs were loaded with 9" speakers (9 x 9").

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version