Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

The mackie DL1608 white noise saga continued..

<< < (14/30) > >>

iBloke:
A quick and positive update.

I own several iphones, IP3GS, IP4, IP5, and IP6. All of them are running their most current iOS version.

I also own three iPads. iPad 2, iPad 3, and iPad mini retina. (And my wife has another iPad 2)

Up until today the only iPad I own, or have access to, that doesn't play a part in the "white noise issue" is my iPad mini, which I connect to my DL using a 30pin to lightning adapter lead. Zero issues with it so far.

I finished updating all my iDevices to iOS 8.1 this morning, and have been playing music from my docked iPad 3 for several hours with zero incidents of the dreaded white noise.
Normally the iPad 3 would blast white noise within 30 mins of connecting.
Not a single squeak so far!

I'm a little bit excited that my white noise issue with the iPad 3 May have been sorted by the iOS 8.1 update, which basically means I've now got 16 channels to use for mixing bands again. And can play set break music from my docked iPad.

Fingers crossed :)

RoadRanger:
Woo! :)

robbocurry:
So most likely a software problem after all.....
Glad to hear all going well for you now iBloke!

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: robbocurry on October 27, 2014, 06:18:20 PM ---So most likely a software problem after all.....
Glad to hear all going well for you now iBloke!

--- End quote ---

And, if this holds true, an Apple problem, not a Mackie problem...

WK154:
IIRC iBloke stated that in one of the tests during "white noise" he pulled the ipad from the dock and the noise continued. This would seem to eliminate the iPad altogether except for the possible initiator of it. Where does that leave the DL? No matter what the source it's a Mackie product ergo a Mackie problem. Apple is definitely not going to solve it. For those with short memories....    http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=700.msg6820#msg6820

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version