Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

5.1 likes and dislikes

<< < (2/9) > >>

Wynnd:
There is an issue attaching to my Airport Express on 5 Ghz.  It doesn't display and when forced it shows but the connection is greyed out.  This is only a Windows laptop problem.  I do have the 2.4 Ghz connection available and it has worked just fine, but I want to know what the problem is with 5 Ghz.  It's not the app.  It has to be a windows thing.  maybe a bad IP address for local use.  If that's it, I will assign a more suitable address.  Got to do some research.

dpdan:
thanks you guys,
no desktop mode like we saw in the video about 5.X
I have a few gripes about copying and pasting,... and resetting a channel.

When I copy an input channel and paste it into another channel, Master Fader does not recall any preamp stuff like Gain, Trim, Phase, Phantom Power or even Source... very aggravating :(
When I go to "Presets" on an input channel and choose "Reset Channel", Master Fader resets everything but forgets to reset all the Aux send levels and leaves them turned up.  ::)
These things I can live with, but not this next thing,... I just read on the Mackie Website that there are currently no plans for DC16 support in Version 5.0.....

So, is anyone interested in buying my DC16, with beautiful Mackie road case and Dante card? If you do, you will not be able to have access to four effects, copying and pasting channels (minus preamp)
and the other really nice things about 5.1 that Mackie promised... especially how fast it is ready to go once you click to open it,... that alone is worth the price of admission, but wait,... this update was free, but I can't use it because I have a DC16.

I can sell my two DL32R mixers, two Dante cards, DC16 and case and have enough to buy a Yamaha TF mixer with stage box.... well almost enough. I will need to put a clause bubble on all of my Master Fader Youtube videos... Since Mackie no longer supports my Mackie products, I can no longer support the world with generous, knowledgeable FREE support as I have done for hundreds and hundreds of Mackie DL customers around the world. I am confident that when Ben Olswang left Mackie, that was the end of DL. Sad....   

WK154:
Dan I was going to ask you about this rather matter of fact note "Note: There are currently no plans on DC16 support in Master Fader 5. If you are using a DL32R + DC16 / AXIS Mixing System, please use Master Fader 4.6.2." in their AXIS webpage. There are some strange other parts to their webpage such as DL16/32S pic and the compatibility chart which make no sense in a AXIS system. Could this be a mistake or did they really axe the MF5.2 for AXIS release. I would not be a happy camper if I owned their top of the line system and received news like this. At least they could update the iPad only AXIS system.

dpdan:
Hi WK, first, I want to thank you for not kicking a man when he's down... I know you have some very negative opinions about Mackie and how they "do" things, and you have every right to your opinion. I have too, but for me.... the DL line has made my life SO much easier, and with my hands getting seriously bad, (Rheumatoid Arthritis) it is everything for me to just hold an iPad for three hours for some jobs. You could have used my post to confirm Mackie's lack luster style, but thank you for refraining from saying what you really wanted to, especially since this forum's purpose is to try to bring positive answers and help to Mackie DL users who have legitimate questions.

So, the DC16 can not live or do anything without the DL32R. You probably already know all about it even though you don't have one, (lucky you). After a Dante card is installed in the rear of the DL32R, they connect to each other with a common Cat 5 or 6 cable and you're off and running. The DL16S and 32S do not have a Dante card slot, so there is no way they can connect to the DC16. Some of the stuff you mentioned that you read on Mackie's website I have not seen and have not had the stomach for reading anything after a *NOTE* NO PLANS FOR DC16 SUPPORT 

For me... most of my living is made with live sound. Some of my jobs are concerts where people pay to get in, some are just wedding receptions and the iPad mixing is a complete blessing! In the case of a concert, I like to have a real console with real faders... the luxury of using my same iPad/s and shows (snapshots) with the DC16 is wonderful! A fantastic thing for me, I don't HAVE to bring the console.

I have been testing 5.1 for a long time, and sending in my findings to the guys at Mackie.
I knew that there were some things that were literally broke in 5.1 and was quite surprised that they were releasing it with these issues, but I have to admit, none of the issues that I was unhappy about caused Master Fader to not work, or be even the slightest bit unreliable. It is just as stable as 4.6.2 to me. Had I known a year ago that they were going to simply lift the middle finger to all of the DC16 users out there, I would have sold that stuff on eBay faster than ... well,, I ain't gonna say what I want. I am still on their "team" and because I am a man of my word,,,,, (Eckhum, cough) I chose to not talk about or discuss anything about the testing while it was in beta as per my agreement to their rules.

Anyway, I and many DC16 owners are not screwed, some of us will continue to use that system cheerfully with 4.6.2. I just won't be one of them. Now, they... Mackie, could say, "read what it says Dan", it says no DC16 Axis support for Master Fader 5. BUT,... maybe if they release 6.0, it will be the "NEW" version and will not only include firmware for the DC16, but the DC16 will also get many of the features that were promised. To prove that there were plans to improve the DC16, there are buttons on the console that don't even light up and do nothing, but they "WERE" going to when Ben was there, they could lie and tell us that 6.0 is "coming" and keep us from throwing our stuff on eBay and buying some "OTHER" brand.

It is apparent to me that there are going to be lots of people screaming at Mackie about this dead end and never ever buy another Mackie product. They should be very concerned about their decisions by not wasting any more resources on the DC16, and just kicking it to the curb. But they don't care as long as they have a new line of crap mics and some other NEW stuff. If I really decide to ditch all my DL stuff including the DC16 and go for something else, it won't be because I don't like it anymore,.. it will be because I can't tolerate being disrespected. I'm really not sure what I am going to do, but lugging around another console is out of the question, and I would not take a Behringer/Midas if it was given to me. I have a very very bad taste in my mouth about some Behringer gear I installed in a church for a friend,... two speaker processors failed in one week, pathetic wave soldering quality. Then only months later, I see a guy on youtube showing how to re-solder the L.E.D. contacts on the PCB so all the colors work again on the X32 meters. Brother  :facepalm: Many, many people love their Behringer gear, good for them,,, but I saw all I needed to see in that installation. Then Behringer bought Midas, and I thought well, there goes Midas. Midas was very good in my opinion. I am talking out of my butt perhaps about the Behringer/Midas thing but I won't go there... well , I guess I already did, sorry. Gosh I really need to quit blabbing and get to bed... :)             

ToH2002:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on February 04, 2020, 04:29:12 AM ---There is an issue attaching to my Airport Express on 5 Ghz.  It doesn't display and when forced it shows but the connection is greyed out.  This is only a Windows laptop problem.  I do have the 2.4 Ghz connection available and it has worked just fine, but I want to know what the problem is with 5 Ghz.  It's not the app. 

--- End quote ---

Hmm, I'm increasingly stumped here - I've now tried the third router (Cisco / Linksys EA 6500) in both frequency bands (5 GHz, 2.4 GHz), the fourth laptop, and the behavior stays the same: the iPad connects happily, while the Windows laptop doesn't see the mixer over wifi, but sees it easily when connected to the same router via cable. I'm really giving up at this point - I'll just get a few cheap Android tablets and give up on mixing with my Surfaces...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version