Live Performance & Production > Sound Reinforcement

Who runs an active system - who runs a passive?

<< < (4/8) > >>

monthlymixcd:
... and that's the main reason I haven't made GC an offer on the Maxx6a speakers... but for 15s they do have nice mids and sound really crisp... that's probably the high quality HF driver though.

monthlymixcd:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on April 15, 2010, 02:32:33 PM --- I have a 17 lbs 4 channel 2U amp in its own case for them
--- End quote ---

Which amp?

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: monthlymixcd on April 29, 2010, 07:07:28 PM ---Which amp?
--- End quote ---
Alto D2 - some stoopid online retailer had it for $335 shipped. I shoulda bought a couple more before they got the bill from the distributor that drop shipped it to me. Their price almost doubled to what everyone else is charging after that ;) !

monthlymixcd:
I thought I remembered that you were the guy that got that deal. That's the amp I'm shopping for right now... seems like a better deal even at the normal price than the CS800x4.

Are these the 4 channel amps I should be looking for used?
Alto D2 & D4
Peavey CS800x4
Carvin DCM1204
QSC CX254
Crown CTS4200 series

Am I missing any? Any here that I should avoid? I'm just looking to free up 2U and drop some weight in my amp rack. Currently using 2 older amps (50lb. of amps) that run around ~150W/8ohmsx2 each for 4 monitor mixes total. My current monitors (JBLs and EVs) can handle ~200W/8ohms easy although I would love to upgrade to all EV ZX1s and maybe a ZX5 as drum monitor... so I'm in the same ballpark power-wise with that upgrade I think.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: monthlymixcd on April 29, 2010, 07:38:09 PM ---I thought I remembered that you were the guy that got that deal. That's the amp I'm shopping for right now... seems like a better deal even at the normal price than the CS800x4.

--- End quote ---
The Alto is a full depth amp - I'd buy this one today:
http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=DCM2004L

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version