Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Voice record pro/ voice record pro7

(1/8) > >>

Silvertopsolarnut:
Just downloaded both to see the difference,VRP7 to my ears sounds cleaner. So my question is are these recorders stand alone?  If I still want to record the L/R mains am I stuck going back to the internal dl1608 recorder and iTunes ?  I had hoped mackies app and voice record pro would work together......

RoadRanger:
According to the developer, they are 100% identical except for the "skin". And yes, they can record whatever the Master Fader app can record.

Silvertopsolarnut:
I was just unsure how to hard connect the I pad with the dl1608 main out XLRs.  I went looking and found 1/8 to XLRs mic adapters on line for external iPad mics.  I didn't know the phone out was also the mic in......If I'm going down the wrong path let me know.

WK154:

--- Quote from: Silvertopsolarnut on April 16, 2015, 09:24:26 PM ---I was just unsure how to hard connect the I pad with the dl1608 main out XLRs.  I went looking and found 1/8 to XLRs mic adapters on line for external iPad mics.  I didn't know the phone out was also the mic in......If I'm going down the wrong path let me know.

--- End quote ---
Bad idea due to universal phantom power. Get 3.5mm to TS connectors that way you won't eventually kill your iPad.

Silvertopsolarnut:
3.5mm to 1/4 ts is mush safer to avoid phantom power when inputting sound. I also need to record out and the only two options I know of are phones out or mains XLR out.  I Thought I read that phones out to IPad could damage the I pad?   I figured Keep it simple and XLR out of the main to IPad, I don't believe mains out XLR has universal phantom. Anyone know for sure.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version