Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

automixer function request

<< < (2/3) > >>

RoadRanger:
That would be cool! I have an old rackmount 8 channel automixer made by Biamp Systems :) .

WK154:
If your looking for auto mixers that can be controlled from a laptop/tablet look no further.
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=252.msg1410#msg1410
Used the price is phenomenal.
Will publish pics after the My Fader feeding frenzy. Have used these in a multitude of applications including live over the past ~ 6yrs.

Mikeboltz111:
I've been thinking of going this direction.  I recently purchased a lectrosonic am8 off of ebay for $60.  I have a friend who works for a college, he's certified in crestron programing.... He was recommending a bss sound web London which is similar in thought.  I really haven't thought about these products in the live sound/ band audio world but it really make sense because a college or corporation upgrade on a regular basis and sell these type of products for next to nothing.

WK154:
I think you would be disappointed with the AM8 or Bss units (old units). The latest Lectrosonic DM series is OK (I have no experience with them or their software). Bss I'm not sure of either. The ones I've used are Clearone/Gentner XAP800, AP800 (old but useful) , Converge Pro (don't like the new software) and the Polycom Vortex EF2280 (don't like the external power supply, software OK) or the older ASPI EF2280 (original). Biamp's latest is fine but hard to find and pricey. There are others but these are the major players. About 2 weeks ago I checked e-Bay and out of 6 viable units the price ranged from $37 to $48 including shipping. You can also buy them for ~$1800. You choice. A new fan costs $7 plus ship.

Mikeboltz111:
I would like to try the xap 800 g ware software but I can't seem to find a working download.  Do you have a copy you could send me via email/dropbox, or do you know of a site to download it from?  I can't find it on the clearone site.  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version