Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL32R junior please Beno

<< < (3/5) > >>

RoadRanger:
The DL1608's biggest competitor hereabouts is the X32 Rack with its 23 inputs and 14(?) outputs. Eight nice FX units too :) .

Kev tyler:
I think a nice 1u digital rack mixer would sell well, but you are asking a lot I think to want it short in height and shallow too, I think there are enough low cost  low ch count digital options available, that the likes of mackie trying to compete would be a bit daft to be honest.

I still can't see the point of the x air 18 when you compare it's price to the heavy hitter x32 rack?

Kev

slystewart:
There are many out there using the DL 1608 ,and looking at the DL 32R has way to many inputs for me... a 2 u rack mounted 24R is the way to go  just enough expansion  I would get one tomorrow

pti:
You should take a look at the Allen & Heath Qu-Pac. I just switched from my DL32R to the Qu-Pac for the smaller size, lighter weight, front panel controls, etc. (i.e., most of the reasons listed in this thread.)

I love Mackie, but I do find the A&H to be a bit more polished and capable. I've yet to really find anything, other than the ability to color-code/iconify channels, that I miss from the DL32R. The band members seem to appreciate the Qu-You monitor app's ability to group channels into four dials for adjustment to simplify during-performance adjustments vs. MyFader.

I also have to say, I feel a lot less worried now having that front panel for emergency mix adjustments in the event an iPad or WiFi is problematic.

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: pti on April 13, 2015, 07:02:33 PM ---You should take a look at the Allen & Heath Qu-Pac. I just switched from my DL32R to the Qu-Pac for the smaller size, lighter weight, front panel controls, etc. (i.e., most of the reasons listed in this thread.)

I love Mackie, but I do find the A&H to be a bit more polished and capable. I've yet to really find anything, other than the ability to color-code/iconify channels, that I miss from the DL32R. The band members seem to appreciate the Qu-You monitor app's ability to group channels into four dials for adjustment to simplify during-performance adjustments vs. MyFader.

I also have to say, I feel a lot less worried now having that front panel for emergency mix adjustments in the event an iPad or WiFi is problematic.

--- End quote ---
Good choice PTI. Sweet ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version