Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Soundcraft Ui-12 and Ui-16 Original DL Platform Contenders?

<< < (11/16) > >>

WK154:

--- Quote from: nottooloud on June 02, 2015, 04:27:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on May 30, 2015, 06:45:08 PM ---it may just happen in the near future. Only if Mackie is listening and watching. Fingers crossed.

--- End quote ---

They've knocked a bunch of things off that list.

--- End quote ---
Oh yeah! Anything they don't want to tackle that are already on the DL32 they will consider done even though it's a list for the DL1608 and it's sibling. Just buy a DL32 it's that simple. :lol:

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: WK154 on June 02, 2015, 05:53:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: nottooloud on June 02, 2015, 04:27:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on May 30, 2015, 06:45:08 PM ---it may just happen in the near future. Only if Mackie is listening and watching. Fingers crossed.

--- End quote ---

They've knocked a bunch of things off that list.

--- End quote ---
Oh yeah! Anything they don't want to tackle that are already on the DL32 they will consider done even though it's a list for the DL1608 and it's sibling. Just buy a DL32 it's that simple. :lol:

--- End quote ---

You're probably right. I was expecting too much again.  :facepalm: No DL32 in my foreseeable future though, especially at $2400.00 CDN plus tax. It would be hardware overkill for what I would use it for too. If one fell off the back of a truck mind you.  ;) I know, it would be in pieces.  :( Aren't they supposed to be built like a tank?  ;)

WK154:
Words of wisdom from a Muso.
 “I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?”
― John Lennon

Keyboard Magic:
So if anyone here was going to buy a small platform digital mixer right now and could only buy the DL1608 or the Soundcraft UI-16, which one would you buy on a feature per feature comparision? Looks notwithstanding.

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on June 07, 2015, 02:14:34 PM ---So if anyone here was going to buy a small platform digital mixer right now and could only buy the DL1608 or the Soundcraft UI-16, which one would you buy on a feature per feature comparision? Looks notwithstanding.

--- End quote ---

I'd buy the Mackie. Despite its perceived shortcomings, the DL has 16 bona fide inputs, as opposed to the misleading Soundcraft spec of 12 XLR ins, a stereo pair of RCAs and a stereo USB in; and 6 auxes on the DL v. 4 on the UI-16. Sure, the non-recallable, non-remote-controllable preamps are inconvenient, and being forced to choose my own router was an added expense, but I really find those to be minor -- choosing my own routers gave me flexibility in choosing what will work best with my iPad/iPhones, and I can carry a couple, in case one is problematic. And, I can take snapshots of the input gain pots at the end of each gig and carry printouts in my mixer case for the next time I work with a particular band. And, as I've said elsewhere, I find the effects to be good enough for what I need -- and I have yet to have a band or band member complain about them.

Basically, I've had nothing to complain about with my DL. It's been a rock solid piece of kit. And that, I can live with!

Now, if you were to open the choice list up to include the Behringer XR18, I might be a little harder pressed to choose. When I bought the DL, I had really wanted the X18, but got tired of waiting (and was offered a really excellent price on a demo DL).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version