Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

I May Be the Stupidest Person Alive, But I Bought the DL1608

<< < (3/3)

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on March 30, 2013, 07:53:45 PM ---Haven't seen you on this forum and I'm just a lurker there myself but I think you'll have to agree that none of this will ever will happen at Mackie.
http://soundforums.net/varsity/4299-uli-behringer-music-group-q.html

--- End quote ---
I post mostly on the "Junior Varsity" forum there :) .
--- Quote ---You'll never see Mark Graham get on a forum. Yes Mackie asked for input but you know the results. My money is on Behringer with the iX16 before MF v1.5. Then this whole debate will be mute. We'll just have to start beating on Behringer for all the new features we want.
--- End quote ---
I do wish Mackie would go through the "UserVoice" list and mark them as "Planning to implement", "Under consideration", "Not planned at this time", or "Not possible with the present hardware" :) . But I do understand that in a big company like that it is a HUGE amount of effort to get any public statements approved. Behringer has the advantage that Uli can just say whatever he wants without a hundred people discussing it for weeks and signing off on it :facepalm: .

WK154:
It's Uli not Uri he's not Russian. Behringer is a much larger company at this time than Mackie. I doubt if Uli's statements weren't run past PR or the legal beagles. May be it's too early for Mackie to edit the forum based on their track record or they may simply be afraid of all the fallout. I think it's about the lack of passion on part of the leaders (not the hard workers) at Mackie for the MI. A bad approach in an industry loaded with emotional, opinionated and passionate people as customers. I wonder if Mackie can make their first quarter $85,000 settlement payment to the FCC?

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on March 30, 2013, 08:47:26 PM ---I wonder if Mackie can make their first quarter $85,000 settlement payment to the FCC?
--- End quote ---
Oops, did they pull a Uli? The DDX3216 mixer was never legal here I'm told :( . I had a mint one with two ADAT cards in it and sold it to a bigger fish than me that needed it. I still have a mostly working one, needs a little TLC and doesn't have an ADAT card :( .

WK154:
Actually Behr.... had over a $1,000,000 fine that they finally reduced and settled on with the FCC (mostly Lawyers and a handful of lab and field people) Did you expect something else from a government agency? My DDX3216 is working fine, no add on cards. Pristine but needs a new home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version