Author Topic: These forums are going away  (Read 257 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
These forums are going away
« on: May 10, 2024, 06:30:53 AM »
I have to move my domains to another provider in about a week. I'm not sure if I can migrate these forums there. Is there any reason I should try?

pytchley

• Knight
Re: These forums are going away
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2024, 09:35:35 PM »
I'll miss it when it's gone. Am I the only one? Thanks for keeping it going all this time.

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 07:51:19 AM »
It's a sad reflection on the world today that 152 people seem to have viewed this thread and not one of them has thanked RoadRanger for his time and effort running this once vibrant forum. At least my DLs are still going strong.

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:40:46 PM »
I have to move my domains to another provider in about a week. I'm not sure if I can migrate these forums there. Is there any reason I should try?

I'm sorry to see them go...  A good bit of history here - with lots of help for those who might still be using these mixers.   Amazingly enough, they seem to still be out there and people buying them.
I am still using two of the DL32R because I cannot find anything else that has all the features....   

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #4 on: Today at 05:44:21 PM »
It's a sad reflection on the world today that 152 people seem to have viewed this thread and not one of them has thanked RoadRanger for his time and effort running this once vibrant forum. At least my DLs are still going strong.

I'm afraid that's how the world works.    I ran a BBS for 20+ years, nobody cared when it went away.   I ran forums for years and IRC chat channels - nobody really cared when they went away (actually, the IRC server is still up since 1998 or so?)... 

I don't think MOST people are like you an I, where they get attached to something. They just move on =)

*I* appreciate the site. Always have....   And of course, the admin who provided it and kept it going.