Author Topic: My Fader 3.0  (Read 30658 times)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: My Fader 3.0
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 05:32:02 PM »
Try a factory reset, (force update) follow the procedure on page 8 of the manual. This may or may not work, it's very important not to interrupt an update as it may corrupt the firmware eprom. Don't update over wifi, do it wired, and make sure the iPad is fully charged before doing an update is the usual advice.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 05:35:56 PM »
Don't update over wifi, do it wired,
And how exactly does one do that with a DL32R? ;)

MrDOS

• Padawan
    • Weekend hobby site
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2015, 06:33:28 PM »
"Wired" - lotsa' coffee?   Lol
Live sound/recording engineer, videographer at WoodlawnSound.com
SQL Server DBA
Bass Player

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2015, 07:05:04 PM »

Ah...... I just read the manual  :-[ There's no wired iPad connection is there. That's distinctly dodgy, you know maybe I'm turning into WK but that would give me the screaming heebie-jeebies. I've had situations where the wifi was dodgy and being able to plug the iPad in was a gig-saver.

Ok, delete the line about plugging in in my earlier post, but, definitely make sure the iPad is fully charged ond/or plugged into it's charger before updating.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 07:12:42 PM by sam.spoons »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2015, 08:49:45 PM »
Ok, delete the line about plugging in in my earlier post, but, definitely make sure the iPad is fully charged ond/or plugged into it's charger before updating.

Ah...... I just read the manual  :-[ There's no wired iPad connection is there. That's distinctly dodgy, you know maybe I'm turning into WK but that would give me the screaming heebie-jeebies. I've had situations where the wifi was dodgy and being able to plug the iPad in was a gig-saver.
Being like me Sam would only make you wiser and older. :) Best to re-read pg. 8 and 11 of the manual  and revise the advise. Are you doubting Mackie? ;D

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 09:18:02 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 02:21:37 PM »
Don't like to whine, but really, how hard would it have been for one of those USB connections in the back of the DL32R to be useable for direct wire connection to the ipad?   It's not like Mackie doesn't know how to do that.  (Just exactly like on the Dl1608)  I'm with the others suggesting that being able to have a wired connection is a good thing at least for updating the firmware.  (And as a backup to any wireless problems.)  I had my airport express fry in the middle of a show.  (Replaced under warranty.)   Do DL32R owners need to carry a spare?  (Probably a good idea without a wired option.)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2015, 03:55:41 PM »
+1 here for sure  ::)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2015, 04:17:48 PM »
Do DL32R owners need to carry a spare?  (Probably a good idea without a wired option.)
I carry a spare router with my DL1608...

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2015, 04:57:51 PM »
Don't like to whine, but really, how hard would it have been for one of those USB connections in the back of the DL32R to be useable for direct wire connection to the ipad?   It's not like Mackie doesn't know how to do that.  (Just exactly like on the Dl1608)  I'm with the others suggesting that being able to have a wired connection is a good thing at least for updating the firmware.  (And as a backup to any wireless problems.)  I had my airport express fry in the middle of a show.  (Replaced under warranty.)   Do DL32R owners need to carry a spare?  (Probably a good idea without a wired option.)

They could also configure the Ethernet port to do dual duty as in the Berry X Series. But that would require porting MF to Mac, Windows and Android.  :eek: Probably never.  ::) In the meantime as Wynnd stated, the USB port would be the easiest to adapt and probably the less costly. Definitely needs some sort of option to connect directly to it.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2015, 05:01:32 PM »
I always have two Airprot Express routers with me on all jobs. Since I have an Allen & Heathn Qu24 that uses one, the "backup" roouter is built into the DL32R rack since my wireless receivers are in that same rack.
Basically my DL32R and it's router becomes a backup system for the QU24.

We will only need a backup when we don't have one.  :)

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2015, 02:16:33 PM »
I can't for the life of me imagine why firmware updates and  restores on a 2000 dollar machine are not carried out off a usb stick or similar and why backups of your settings can not be dumped to a stick or HD  and wrapped in cotton wool inside a fire proof safe, etc,

Having no wired connection though to just charge a pad, that's just lazy.

Kev

Sir Krang

• Padawan
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2015, 02:40:14 PM »

Having no wired connection though to just charge a pad, that's just lazy.

Kev

And stupid!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2015, 07:10:32 PM »
If you're gonna be OK with spending $2K on the DL32R another 5 bux for an iPad charger to put in the rack isn't gonna break you ;) .

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2015, 07:30:32 PM »
I can certainly agree with the need to connect the iPad directly to the DL32R in the evnt of router failure,
but I do not agree on the request of the USB port being "changed" just so it can charge i-devices.

There are so many other things we bring to the job, mics, stands, cables, speakers, subs, amps....
an iPad charger is insignficant compared to all the stuff we bring and should always be in a case or rack somewhere...
with the correct Apple cable.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:32:32 PM by dpdan »

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2015, 12:15:26 AM »
But by the same argument it's something extra we shouldn't need to bring