Author Topic: My Fader 3.0  (Read 30661 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Re: My Fader 3.0
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2015, 02:24:30 AM »
Just a quick note: When I upgraded to MF 3.0.2 the firmware needed to be updated too.  I was having that problem with a fully charged ipad not connecting to charge and it couldn't see the wired connection.  After rebooting the ipad twice, I gave in and upgraded the firmware wirelessly.  After rebooting the ipad one more time, I was able to connect correctly while docked.  (Really don't know why, but I'm blaming it on the firmware not be updated yet.) 

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2015, 08:26:58 PM »
I'm sure we're all painfully aware that My Fader 3.X is still not in the app store yet. Here's an excerpt from Facebook in case some haven't already seen this.

"As you know, My Fader v3.0 will be available for release soon also. We hope that those participating in the public beta test have had a good experience. If anyone else is interested, we are still accepting beta testers. Email us at news@mackie.com if you'd like to try out My Fader v3.0 before full public launch"

So they're still looking for Beta Testers. Might be a little while before we see the finished product.  :(

PS: Just wanted to add that I think and hope that this delay means that Mackie is working hard to make it a versatile and stable app.    :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:29:57 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Sir Krang

• Padawan
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2015, 11:07:35 AM »
The whole thing is friggin shambles.

Master fader, And My Fader upgrades should be released at the same time. Not months apart.

I'm gunna email the Mackie tards for a my fader beta. Sick and tired of the delay  ::)

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 11:13:17 AM »
Might as well, Mackie treats us all like beta testers anyway.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2015, 02:34:37 PM »
Sounds like all the MicroSoft complaints I've been hearing for decades.

Now where is the perfect mixer app?  Who has seen the one app that has no problems, no quirks and no shortcomings running on the device that has no problems, no quirks and no shortcomings?   I surely haven't seen it.  And don't forget to add the perfect WiFi device that also has no problems, no quirks and no shortcomings.  (Probably the most stable item involved and I had one crap out during a show.  For that reason alone, I like the ability to dock the ipad.  That is what saved me that day.)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2015, 10:00:20 PM »
I'm sure we're all painfully aware that My Fader 3.X is still not in the app store yet. Here's an excerpt from Facebook in case some haven't already seen this.

"As you know, My Fader v3.0 will be available for release soon also. We hope that those participating in the public beta test have had a good experience. If anyone else is interested, we are still accepting beta testers. Email us at news@mackie.com if you'd like to try out My Fader v3.0 before full public launch"

So they're still looking for Beta Testers. Might be a little while before we see the finished product.  :(
Be happy it's not a two day Beta test like MF3. Somebody must have looked up the meaning of Beta test at Mackie. :)

When in doubt KISS

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2015, 11:19:23 PM »
Now where is the perfect mixer app?

Yamaha's StageMix is a pretty solid piece of kit. They were first out of the box, and have been slowly and steadily improving it.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2015, 03:51:24 AM »
If it were perfect, why would they change anything on it?  I'm guessing it wasn't perfect.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2015, 04:01:02 AM »
If it were perfect, why would they change anything on it?  I'm guessing it wasn't perfect.
Really Wynnd ! to improve and stay ahead of the competition. ??? Not that Yamaha doesn't have problems but it never takes them 2 years to fix them.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2015, 04:23:28 AM »
Apple is updating the OS-X every year and ios about that often.  In the 18 months that I've had the DL1608, there have been 6 updates.  (Ok, only one was a major.)  I don't know about before that.  But that sounds like Mackie is following your suggestion before you suggested it.  So why are you whining?

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2015, 04:30:40 AM »
Of course what I'm really wondering is what app, doesn't hiccup, doesn't ever hang, works on every tablet type.   Come on.  You know that doesn't exist.  Not now and probably not ever.  Generally if you need perfection, you should probably be using a MixWiz.  (Much better than the possible problems with all the digital mixers.)   But I'm not going back.  I'll just live with all the quirks. 

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2015, 02:52:34 PM »

Didn't say it was. Excuse me for thinking you were asking an actual question.

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2015, 04:21:31 PM »
Now where is the perfect mixer app?

Yamaha's StageMix is a pretty solid piece of kit. They were first out of the box, and have been slowly and steadily improving it.

Solid, yes. First, yes. Slow & steady improvements, yes. However, far from full mix facilities.
I have maintained that Behringer borrowed from the Stage mix as their general UI design to build upon.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2015, 04:29:06 PM »
Guess I'm getting tired of all the "it's not perfect" whining about the DL series of mixers.  Now seeing that there isn't a perfect mixer out there, I'd be happy if it all dropped to how can this be improved, and much less, I'm not happy.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2015, 05:08:35 PM »
Guess I'm getting tired of all the "it's not perfect" whining about the DL series of mixers.  Now seeing that there isn't a perfect mixer out there, I'd be happy if it all dropped to how can this be improved, and much less, I'm not happy.
You created the "perfect" concept. So who's whining?
Non-fanboy opinions = whining
When in doubt KISS