Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

audio recording bug (choppy audio)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jerrylee:
I agree that the 1st gen iPad has to go. In the meantime download tascam PCM recorder. It's free and does not hog resources.

abzurd:
So I got to the bottom of it. I was trying to isolate another issue, which is during the last set my lead vocals started getting loud static like sounds. Happened in all monitors. Anyway, while fooling around with the mixer I played back some music through the ipad channel via my Rdio app. The input looked fine but the output was that same fraction of a second on again off again sound.

I turned off the ipad and turned back on an all is well again. FWIW, this is my first Mackie purchase. I never trusted the brand since Loud bought it. So thanks Mackie for lying about Ipad 1 compatibility. So great... get a new ipad. That's just super.

AND I have to hope that was the source of the static sounds, which scares me because the Ipad isn't supposed to do anything sound wise to the actual audio of anything connected to the mixer. That likely means I have other issues with the thing. I couldn't reproduce the issue with my vocal channel though. I run a TC-Helicon VoiceLive and Line 6 XD-V70 mic. I never had a problem with it at all until this mixer, but the first show and 2/3 of the second went fine.

RoadRanger:
I still believe that if you "force close" all the apps on your iPad 1 and power it down then up again you'll be fine :) .

robbocurry:
I have an iPad 1 and it records just fine. Like others have said, kill all the background stuff.

abzurd:

--- Quote from: robbocurry on May 08, 2013, 08:41:02 AM ---I have an iPad 1 and it records just fine. Like others have said, kill all the background stuff.

--- End quote ---

The irony is that the first time I used the board I had a DJ app running in the background playing break music and actually had to leave it up and running the entire set with the ipad channel muted just to get a seamless transition after the set because it's too slow and clunky to access the music app otherwise. Anyway, did it that way the entire show and no issues with recording or anything else.

This past weekend I had nothing else going on. It's not even a 3G ipad, just wifi.  No other apps were running yet I had issues.

I also had an ipad 3 (guitar player's) on a mic stand for wireless mixing. At one point I took it into the room to mix the after dinner toasts. I go to adjust a fader and notice all faders are "off", but the metering and other processing was working on it. The docked ipad showed everything correctly though. I had to kill the app on the ipad 3 and relaunch.

Just kind of a disappointing start to ownership. It seems filled with basic functionality bugs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version