Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Some board recordings

<< < (2/3) > >>

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on July 31, 2014, 05:01:58 AM ---Caution on all this. It may have been recorded at 160kbps and 24 bits but what you hearing from the site most likely is not. Like so many other sites they will convert to what they can handle for replay. Most are at 128kbps 16 bits. I found no information about their play specs on the site.
--- End quote ---
I guess I wasn't clear - that's what I recorded them at (MP4/AAC) and I suspect the  "owner" of the recordings converted them to a 16 bit MP3 of some bitrate with the volume normalized and/or compressed. What I ripped from their site is 128/16 MP3 but I don't know if that's what plays off the site or if the ripper I used did another conversion...

WK154:
Yeah that's a lot like which cup is the pea under. This brings me to another point, if 128kbps @16 bits sounds good enough that's two channels worth, then 16 channels should be 8x 128kbps or 1024kbps (that's 1.024 mbps). Yah think a 10/100 mbps connection (Ethernet) could handle that 98 times over? Is that enough margin? I had that discussion with BenO and they'll look into that!  ;D  You might even bump up the quality a bit.  AAC would be the tool of choice since it's in the infrastructure and can handle up to 48 channels.

RoadRanger:
16 channels of AAC would be fine by me - but most boards do WAV and I suspect using a compressed format would be objectionable to many. The iPad itself can handle quite a few WAV channels through its connector, the Auria app can do 24 on a newer iPad...

Keyboard Magic:
To quote WK, "I had that discussion with BenO and they'll look into that! "  As long as we don't have to "pea in the cup"  :facepalm:  ( I know pretty bad!!!)  to get some more badly needed little features and fixes that shouldn't be tooooooo hard to implement.

RoadRanger:
Oh, and it just occurred to me that the hardware AAC support is in the iPad - not the DL - so it'd still be raw WAV data going over the connector :( .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version