Author Topic: iOS 9 will support the iPad 2 !  (Read 4558 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
iOS 9 will support the iPad 2 !
« on: June 17, 2015, 12:12:54 AM »
I came across an article that says that Apple has said that iOS 9 will NOT drop support for ANY devices, so if your device can run iOS 8 it will run iOS 9 :mrgreen: . I've been a bit worried that my two iPad 2's and original iPad mini wouldn't be supported and didn't really want to spend the $$$ to upgrade all three x( .

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: iOS 9 will support the iPad 2 !
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 01:41:13 AM »
I came across an article that says that Apple has said that iOS 9 will NOT drop support for ANY devices, so if your device can run iOS 8 it will run iOS 9 :mrgreen: . I've been a bit worried that my two iPad 2's and original iPad mini wouldn't be supported and didn't really want to spend the $$$ to upgrade all three x( .

Very interesting and promising I think for iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and Minis. Here's a link that might be interesting to check out about iOS 9 etc.  ;)

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/9/8750805/ios-9-ipad-new-features-report

Let's hope that MF Classic and MF 3.X will run as it should on iOS 9 too.  :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:43:58 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 05:17:42 AM »
Pleased to hear that after buying a second iPad2 off a friend recently!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 08:20:48 AM »
Just don't expect split screen or even slide screen functionality on anything older than iPad air.
When in doubt KISS

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 09:13:48 AM »
Hi William

I have just read the review and split screen is not going to work on anything other than the air 2 it suggests,

That's a shame. As I run x air and playback apps simultaneously and I have had a few little issues lately running one and then the other in the background.

I am going to save my penny's for a windows tablet I think.

Kev
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 09:16:13 AM by Kev tyler »

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 11:40:34 AM »
On the other hand, that feature gives us a reason to upgrade to at least an ipad air 2 besides the faster processor.  I wouldn't upgrade only for the faster processor.  I don't really need a faster processor, but split screen?  That makes it interesting.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 03:25:18 PM »
Hi William

I have just read the review and split screen is not going to work on anything other than the air 2 it suggests,

That's a shame. As I run x air and playback apps simultaneously and I have had a few little issues lately running one and then the other in the background.

Kev
Any number of PC tablets already give you multiple windows to your liking and with the PC being the only complete app for the X-Air is there even a choice? Windows 10 will lay waste to any Apple OS especially in GUI graphics. Providing what appears to be a two app environment is not going to even challenge Android. You may want to wait a month for W10 able tablets.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 03:32:08 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 05:35:51 PM »
A friend bought a Windows 8 phone.  the tiles that everyone hates on a PC, work very well on the phone.  I've been using an iphone for the last 3 years and hate android phones.  I've gotten used to the iphone whenever it's making anykind of alert, alarm...... being on the front screen.  Androids can have that stuff buried so you have to know where it is in order to shut it off.  I'm personally placing the windows phone into a similar level as the iphone.  From a user standpoint it's pretty good.  (And way above an android in my opinion.) 

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 07:42:53 AM »
Thanks William

As I said I am saving my pennies for now, but I guess a new flavour of windows will be installed when that day arrives, I am still considering one of these flip over laptops( with the essential rj45 that the tablets lack).

I was in the Apple Store this week and noticed that there are lots of new external drives for iOS gear, how do they get away with charging 500 600 bucks for a computer with no usb?

We must be nuts

Cheers

Kev

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 06:03:34 PM »
It's the WiFi network.  Pretty hard to have an ipad and not have a WiFi network too.  Network drives work in that case.  (Just noticed that I'm overdue to back up my computer.)

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 07:24:20 PM »
Hi William

Kev
Any number of PC tablets already give you multiple windows to your liking and with the PC being the only complete app for the X-Air is there even a choice? Windows 10 will lay waste to any Apple OS especially in GUI graphics. Providing what appears to be a two app environment is not going to even challenge Android. You may want to wait a month for W10 able tablets.

Given the free upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7 onwards, there is no reason to hold back unless there is some particular tablet that is going to be launched of interest. I managed to pick up a HP Stream 7 with Windows 8.1 and Office 365 for £50 from the M$ store. Probably too small for this application, but brilliant for doing work on the go. There are definitely capable bargains to be had.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2015, 08:02:04 AM »
Cheers

As I said the only thing preventing purchase is money, there are a pair of active speakers, young baby and wife all vying for my cash. Oh and a spare x air,

😄