Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

First Big Show

<< < (5/8) > >>

dpdan:
WOW Kev,
popping and pooping... that was a bad day  :)

Michael Welter:
I have an easy up, too, and love the shade. But after a bad experience with wind, I bought four metal buckets, filled them with concrete, and tie them to the four corners of the easy up. It works perfectly.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Michael Welter on May 26, 2015, 04:45:14 AM ---I have an easy up, too, and love the shade. But after a bad experience with wind, I bought four metal buckets, filled them with concrete, and tie them to the four corners of the easy up. It works perfectly.

--- End quote ---
How much does each weigh? I've heard others worried about what happens when enough wind comes up to lift them weights and have one bash someone's head in :( . Another thing I've seen is those flexible 5 gallon drinking water jugs used, sometimes two per leg. Assuming you can get water on-site they don't load your transport down.
Kinda funny, when I was driving trucks one of our customers was a large tent company, they had 2000 lb weights we'd transport for them used to guy these huge tents down.

Michael Welter:
I haven't weighed them, but I would guess about 40 lbs each. So it would take a pretty fierce wind to lift them. So far, they've worked perfectly. But I like water bottle idea.

RoadRanger:
Water is 8.3 lbs per gallon so 5 gallons is 41.5 lbs. The downside to filling on-site is the time involved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version