Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Jumping into the DL1608 Phenomenon

<< < (8/17) > >>

Scott Campbell:
Thanks KB, fellow Canuck!

I was part of a video shoot for a young cellist a month or so ago (full disclosure: I'm the dad) and used the DL1608 for recording. I think it turned out pretty good audio wise. I didn't do any post recording processing on the audio, all of what you hear is pretty much raw from the DL1608. I've never listened to it on decent head phones, but it's seems captured quite well if you listen to is with decent speakers,  aka not laptop grade :)   

enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud_AfgQbR_0

btw, if you have done any video work, my applogies. That stuff takes far too long !!

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Scott Campbell on March 28, 2014, 05:13:35 PM ---https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud_AfgQbR_0
--- End quote ---
Wow, I think I'll just burn all my musical instruments now x( :facepalm: ;)

Wynnd:
Note on current version of airport express.  It will do simultaneous 5 and 2.4 ghz and I would recommend using it that way with different names for the different bands.  My iphone won't do 5 ghz and is the only backup to the ipad for control..  (Volume only, but in a pinch that should be enough.)  it would be better to have a second ipad, but right now, I'm not springing for one.

Keyboard Magic:
Hey Scott';

Nice eh? Too Canadian? Good video, good sound and the talent was good too. I am impressed with the sound quality even on YouTube. I've been a professional musician for some 40 plus years and can appreciate all good talent.  :thu:

WK154:
Yes on YouTube and most other social media they take your media and convert it to their current fare so don't expect audio to be what you recorded and in the case of Wave files or Aiff it will be compressed. After that you're at the mercy of the listener and their equipment. Yah think it will be the same? NO. Send the actual file if you need to be accurate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version