Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Quick poll: Who actually uses the iPad docked?

<< < (2/3) > >>

AbbaAgain:
I have ipad 2 locked in and use my ipad 3 in a holder at the side displaying the FX levels and if i go mobile i take it with me. If I make a recording on the ipad 2 I just down load it via wifi so there is no need for it to ever leave the dl1608. I did do I gig in Spain at a fiesta last year and at  the time i had my ipad 3 docked and my ipad 2 in the holder. It was summer in very hot conditions and the docked ipad displayed a temperature warning about  half way into the gig and I was unable to use the ipad until it cooled down.... Thank god for the second ipad set up. This has only ever happened once and I do stress it was a very hot gig.  If I happen to use the ipad 3 docked I make sure I turn the screen brightness down to half, as I have noticed on full brightness the 3 runs hotter then the 2. I can tell you that on that hot summers day when the ipad went down my bum did some serious twitching !

Jerrylee:
Abbagain a good thing to get is a reflector. Like a sunshade used in a car windshield. I have play many gigs in the hot Florida summer sun and unfortunately sometimes the sun hits my board. I just grab my sunshade and put it over the top of my board and it makes a huge difference. I had my presonus in the sun once and when I went to pick it up and almost burned my hands. That's when I decided to grab my sunshade. Just placed it on top and the board stayed cool to the touch. This works for the iPad too. Especially the black ones.

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on April 17, 2013, 09:53:16 PM ---I don't dock the iPad on gigs, though with the advent of My Fader (or if I had a mini) I may reconsider. Actually I use the iPad for lyrics if I'm playing and wireless if I'm mixing so probably not.  :)

--- End quote ---
Sam, what app do you use for lyrics?

LeeSteel:
I have one docked at all times in the DL. I also have a second iPad2 that performs double duty, Luminair and walk around remote for DL.

musicman7722:
Only for charging though with jerry Lees suggestion about mixing with it I may just leave it docked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version