Author Topic: Master Fader and My Fader 3.2 Released  (Read 17931 times)

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
Re: Master Fader and My Fader 3.2 Released
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 03:59:24 PM »
There sure is a lot of Bitchin going on.  Beno released a software upgrade.  It's good.  It doesn't have every item requested, but no update will ever have every item requested.  (From any manufacturer.)  We should be thankful that there was a timely update that looks like updates are supposed to look.  Personally, I think software development is moving well for the DL line.  (And yes, i'm hoping for a wired solution for the DL32R too.)  But thanks again Beno.  We'll be looking forward for the next update.

I second this post !!!!
A hardwire connection to a laptop would be great though, although there will be more complaining if the ethernet port is used for the laptop...that should stay connected to the wireless router.
Thank you Ben!

The Netgear router that I use (can't remember the model off-hand) has a built in network switch as well. In any event, with the user of even a small, 4-port switch, it would be trivial to connect the router, computer, and mixer all at the same time.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 04:54:58 PM »
A hardwire connection to a laptop would be great though, although there will be more complaining if the ethernet port is used for the laptop...that should stay connected to the wireless router.
Dunno what carp router you're using but most give you 3 more ports when you connect them to the DL ...

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 05:34:53 PM »
I would think that even the current model Airport Express would allow connection to the DL32R and a computer at the same time.  (Without using WiFi.  But what current laptop doesn't come with WiFi?)

Zapme

• Youngling
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 06:41:29 PM »
You could just use an Ethernet port on your wireless router. There's been many times I've thought about a iPad emulator on PC. 

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 10:10:13 PM »
The iPad can actually connect wired to a network - but it's undocumented. Apple added it after a disastrous demo FUBAR. AFAIK Apple now does all of their big demos wired.

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 10:46:49 PM »
At first glance 3.2 looks like a good minor release.

I've been loving the VCAs since they showed up in v3.  The ghost faders in 3.2 not only look cool, but they are useful.

I still have two issues I would love to see dealt with:

* recording to a USB stick instead of a docked iPad.  It would be really nice if we could do this.  I hate "wasting" an iPad for recording.  And I don't want to hook up another iDevice ...  it's a pain to get the files off, and you can't just hand it off to someone after the recording is finished.

* rack mount form factor ... I'm still toying with the idea of ripping my DL1608 apart and cramming it into a 2U rack chassis, adding a couple of frills like RCA ins and outs and trying something different with the iPad connection.  The DL32R is far more capable, but it's too big, needs a huge case.  I use all Xrack shallow racks, and none of my other equipment comes anywhere close to filling those enclosures.   The Behringer xAir has a great compact form factor, but the app is too limited in functionality.  Looking for something better here from Mackie, includng a DL rack conversion kit if they care to offer one.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 12:04:11 AM »
There is a kind of connected option with the DL1608 sort of. If you have 2 iPads, you can leave one iPad docked in case the wireless goes down. It may be inconvenient depending on the location of the mixer at the venue, but you do have a fallback option.  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 12:09:53 AM »
There is a kind of connected option with the DL1608 sort of. If you have 2 iPads, you can leave one iPad docked in case the wireless goes down. It may be inconvenient depending on the location of the mixer at the venue, but you do have a fallback option.  ;)

That's what I currently do -- use two iPads.   I don't want to have to waste an iPad just for the recording.  And I'm not going to hand over an iPad to the video guy just so I can give him a copy of my recording.  So I use an external recorder for that. 

I would rather just be able to plug a $5 USB stick into the board and be done with it.

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 07:17:36 AM »
They state that the "Enhanced VCA" is supported on all DL models.  Incorrect, only the DL32R.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 10:12:53 AM »
They state that the "Enhanced VCA" is supported on all DL models.  Incorrect, only the DL32R.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How do you mean looks on my dl1608 to be working also???

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 12:03:12 PM »
If the enhanced VCA is referring to the ghosts, that's working on the DL1608.  Otherwise, what do they mean by enhanced VCA?

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2015, 07:23:27 PM »
I did a music festival yesterday and noticed a little bit of strange behaviour where MasterFader would lock up with static levels showing on only one or two channels and restarting it was required. Typically, it happened when the wifi signal started to drop off. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

mrpollack

• Initiate
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 08:59:35 AM »
I upgraded to Master Fader V3.2 and 8.4 of IOS , and having now serious issues with freezing of my iPad 2 while trying to access any presets page on my DL1608 .. Last gig on open air show was a nightmare !

mrpollack

• Initiate
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 09:01:23 AM »
I did a music festival yesterday and noticed a little bit of strange behaviour where MasterFader would lock up with static levels showing on only one or two channels and restarting it was required. Typically, it happened when the wifi signal started to drop off. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
The same here !!!

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2015, 03:17:42 PM »
Got an ipad2 didnt have any problems
But dont know if i did upgade to ios8.4 after the gig or before
I know for sure that i did the mf3.2 update because i used the ghost faders