Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !

<< < (20/35) > >>

sam.spoons:
I'm one of seveal people who have suggested that MF2 be made available, I think it was me who suggested 'MF lite' as a name. I've just posted on the DL Facebook page asking if there is a good reason why this is not possible. In my view the cost of doing MF lite would be minimal as they already have MF2 and it wouldn't ever need updating other than minor fixes for iOS version changes. If anybody wants to add a comment https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mackie-DL-Series-User/440051199417992 it can only help the Mackoids see the sense in the suggestion.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on January 23, 2015, 11:22:08 AM ---I'm one of seveal people who have suggested that MF2 be made available, I think it was me who suggested 'MF lite' as a name. I've just posted on the DL Facebook page asking if there is a good reason why this is not possible. In my view the cost of doing MF lite would be minimal as they already have MF2 and it wouldn't ever need updating other than minor fixes for iOS version changes. If anybody wants to add a comment https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mackie-DL-Series-User/440051199417992 it can only help the Mackoids see the sense in the suggestion.

--- End quote ---
3.0 has the fix for the "white noise" problem - plus probably some others. I can understand why they don't want V2 out there with those issues. If they were to do an MF Lite they'd have to do quite a bit of work to at least include the bug fixes :( . I do think that V3 is "ugly" on the DL1608 with the screens optimized for the DL32R not the DL1608. I hope they fix those issues soon...

pytchley:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on January 23, 2015, 12:21:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: sam.spoons on January 23, 2015, 11:22:08 AM ---I'm one of seveal people who have suggested that MF2 be made available, I think it was me who suggested 'MF lite' as a name. I've just posted on the DL Facebook page asking if there is a good reason why this is not possible. In my view the cost of doing MF lite would be minimal as they already have MF2 and it wouldn't ever need updating other than minor fixes for iOS version changes. If anybody wants to add a comment https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mackie-DL-Series-User/440051199417992 it can only help the Mackoids see the sense in the suggestion.

--- End quote ---
3.0 has the fix for the "white noise" problem - plus probably some others. I can understand why they don't want V2 out there with those issues. If they were to do an MF Lite they'd have to do quite a bit of work to at least include the bug fixes :( . I do think that V3 is "ugly" on the DL1608 with the screens optimized for the DL32R not the DL1608. I hope they fix those issues soon...

--- End quote ---

They could just ditch the ipad channel altogether, this would be a lite version after all. Maybe they could improve the hopeless reverb at the same time.

Rdmitch:
I would also agree that a DL lite would be a solution as long as they make it known that the white noise problem has not been eliminated.

Most those who would revert back to that program would understand this since they have already lived this nightmare. New users buying a DL should be advised of the problem or instructed that the V-3 is best if used with the new ipad  that have the better processor.
Educating the user of the possible ups and downs BEFORE they download is the critical part.

I can tell you that my preliminary test last night of the DL1608 with an Ipad Air 2 proved that the V-3 worked flawlessly with this Ipad. There was zero lag and fast opening of screens.  I only used music playing thru the channels to try it.
I will be doing more extensive testing with it tonight, with mics and instruments.     

Wynnd:
That's good to hear.  I still don't have a problem with the slight lag with either my ipad 2 or my non-retina ipad mini.   For others that are bothered by the lag, a hardware upgrade should get them back on track.  (Or a willingness to use only the classic PEQ.) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version