Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Thinking about DL32R for church praise team

<< < (7/8) > >>

WK154:
As Sam pointed out a 300 ft. run would have to be balanced. The Di needs to be close to the KB but if you still have problems beyond that a receiver DI would be necessary. They are not inexpensive.

Kblue:

--- Quote from: WK154 on February 06, 2016, 06:17:09 AM ---I pretty much covered the gamut from X-rays to audio. Just haven't got to subsonic, it's hard to keep a whale for a pet.

--- End quote ---
So what do you think electric signal? wave or particle?

I did test yesterday...trying many different options... It seems KB GND itself has not that good...
Or signal ground is isolated from DC ground. (I doubt it) 
When toggle SW at LIFT at DI, I heard some hum sound and when GND, hum is gone.
I tried to isolate pin 1 on XLR at mixer side, noise was still there.
Also, KB generates noise at around 400Hz... I had to use mid-band EQ to kill it.
(They said KB is at least 10 year old and some of key was broken...evidence that it has been dropped hard ).
After changing to another KB, everything seems OK.
But Church Praise team wants to buy another KB...Kurzwell Artis 88-Key Statge Piano (whatever this is)

I want to buy A&H QU-16 as FOH and extension unit at stage for Drum, KB, acoustic guitar, and base guitar. 
What extension unit do you recommend for QU-16?

There has been a long history of problem with drum sound... it becomes too loud and can't control it.
Currently, acoustic drum is getting dust... 
I am looking for sound shield and mic system so that I can control sound by mixer... 
(I would greatly appreciate if someone can recommend )

The order of what I need are

Main FOH MIXER and extension unit at stage   
KB
DRUM sound SHIELD and mics
Speakers (Maybe PA)

These have to be done over the time due to lack of budget...

WK154:
I'm gonna go with Albert and those photons that are going to save our collective a..es this century. Lots of free energy hitting this planet just need an efficient way to use it. That's on it's way.
How about a pic of your problem and some model # of what you have. KB sounds like it needs replacement.

P.S. wrong end to lift ground on.

Kblue:

--- Quote from: WK154 on February 06, 2016, 07:18:04 PM ---I'm gonna go with Albert and those photons that are going to save our collective a..es this century.

--- End quote ---

I would like you to see this... @ 3:38 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKdoE1vX7k4
Quantum Mechanics is science/engineering field where most money was invested...  Observing device  is connected to some kind of recording device at another room. If recording sw is on, it becomes particle and if recording sw is off, it becomes wave...           
But scientist can not resolve this... Studying wave Vs particle is career-ending field so nobody wants to study this because this is something beyond current science is based.

--- Quote from: WK154 on February 06, 2016, 07:18:04 PM ---How about a pic of your problem and some model # of what you have. KB sounds like it needs replacement.
P.S. wrong end to lift ground on.

--- End quote ---

Will do pic later.
I know it was wrong end to lift gnd... So I hooked up small XLR patch cable with pin 1 disconnected at mixer side...but humming noise was there...
But yes, I think KB is the problem...   

sam.spoons:
You'll need an A&H AR2412 or AB168 to accompany a Qu series mixer. Generally you can't mix and match digital desks and stageboxes as most manufacturers use their own protocol. (Berry AES50, A&H dSnake etc). A more expensive/professional solution would be Dante. another expensive add on but it does allow different makes of mixer to converse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version