Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

docked iPad loses sync

<< < (24/44) > >>

WK154:
When you call Mackie (general #) ask for Graham Jordan and state personal business when asked. He is the "code whisperer" and ask him if this will ever be fixed. >:D

sam.spoons:
I usually follow the recommended (by Mackie) power on sequence of :-

1. Router (and wait for a minute or so before)
2. DL1608
3. Dock the (already booted) iPad and start Master Fader

My less than systematic approach seems to work virtually every time.

To add my second iPad via WiFi I first make sure it has a connection to the DL router and start MF.

WK154:
How do you ascertain that the second  iPad has a connection to the DL via Air express before you start MF? Or at least that the second iPad has a connection to the Air express?

Wynnd:
Reread his post and all should be obvious.  He connects to the wifi router first.  (With lots of wifi routers nearly everywhere, you do need to make sure you're attached to the correct one.)    I'm not sure the order is too critical.  I do shut down all the apps that I don't need.  I do run Master Fader and OnSong.  And usually I do need to tell it to connect to the wifi DL  1608 even if started docked when the mixer was turned on.  (One time thing each startup)

sam.spoons:
Correct, just go to the WiFi tab in settings and make sure the iPad is connected to your DL system router first then start MF (actually it works nearly every time even if MF is running and the iPad has connected to a different router as happens if I set the DL up at home, I just tell it to connect to the correct one and all is well).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version