Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

docked iPad loses sync

<< < (26/44) > >>

Jerrylee:
Just curious why there is nine pages on this subject. It's one I have not been following.

WK154:

--- Quote from: Sting on April 14, 2014, 09:31:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on April 14, 2014, 05:16:29 PM ---I think by now we can conclude that 1st gen iPads are not usable for docked service and will never be. Apple has decided that 1st gen's for iOS 7 are to be replaced so any fixes or updates to MF won't run on them. If mixed version MF's are a problem as seen in the past we can also conclude that un-docked service will also be broken unless Mackie decides to make it backward compatible.   x(
Does anyone here have a Lightning (N) connected unit? Since there is a bunch of electronics in the communications path it may be a solution to sync if it's hardware related. This of course would mean upgrading to V4 or Air for the docked iPad. ;D

--- End quote ---

Are we sure that the lost sync problem is limited to 1st gen iPads?   I just want to make sure because iPads are not cheap.   I have used the DL for about 6 shows plus practices and last show was the first time this has happened.  Anyway as professionals, one lost connection is enough...can't have this happen again.

--- End quote ---
At the present all 30 pin iPads are involved but when and IF the software gets fixed it will leave 1st gen iPads with the old software (ie not upgradeable courtesy of Apple). I have no info on N connector versions only the 30 pin hence the reason for the question.

Sting:
I docked my 1st gen iPad and ran some music through it yesterday.   It took several hours but it did lock up finally.  I mean it lost sync without recovering.  Now I will connect my 4th gen via an adapter and see if I can duplicate the problem.

Sting:
Ok now my lightening 4th gen iPad permanently lost sync while docked.   >:(.  I guess it's time to call Mackie.

Jerrylee:
Call them about what? As if you are telling them something they don't know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version