Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Suggestions for a Small rack mixer as a backup

<< < (7/10) > >>

Kev tyler:
Hi robbo,

Sorry mate I don't have an issue with the Dl, the pricing for the 806 is right up my street, and the issues I guess I mention are  basically a single issue now, the reverb. As I said I have alesis and Yamaha  reverb units, but I just don't want to buy a Dl and a new rack and that bit of metal and that plastic thing and the dock while I am getting by ok ish with my analogue desks,

I am glad that the other  Dl stuff has been dealt with, and I am sure you are all happy with your lot, it's just unfortunate for me that while I have been dilly dallying,  and hypnotized by " coming soon" I have relocated started a family and took a huge pay cut and now work with totally  untechnical guest acts who need hand holding with a basic normal desk, I do enjoy participating in these forums and I am sorry that my lack of ownership winds people up, I don't mean to do this, but I like it here and still feel that the manufacturers need to hear my voice regardless of ownership or not.

With relation to the original question surely a Dl 806 at 400 odd euros is the only spare mixer one would need in case of a failure, and the football , yakk, it's the curse of this costa, nothing happens onstage  here until the 6 blokes have finished watching the footy,

Cheers

Kev

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on April 15, 2015, 04:47:30 PM ---Hi robbo,

Sorry mate I don't have an issue with the Dl, the pricing for the 806 is right up my street, and the issues I guess I mention are  basically a single issue now, the reverb. As I said I have alesis and Yamaha  reverb units, but I just don't want to buy a Dl and a new rack and that bit of metal and that plastic thing and the dock while I am getting by ok ish with my analogue desks,

I am glad that the other  Dl stuff has been dealt with, and I am sure you are all happy with your lot, it's just unfortunate for me that while I have been dilly dallying,  and hypnotized by " coming soon" I have relocated started a family and took a huge pay cut and now work with totally  untechnical guest acts who need hand holding with a basic normal desk, I do enjoy participating in these forums and I am sorry that my lack of ownership winds people up, I don't mean to do this, but I like it here and still feel that the manufacturers need to hear my voice regardless of ownership or not.

With relation to the original question surely a Dl 806 at 400 odd euros is the only spare mixer one would need in case of a failure, and the football , yakk, it's the curse of this costa, nothing happens onstage  here until the 6 blokes have finished watching the footy,

Cheers

Kev

--- End quote ---
Fair play Kev. ;)
If it ain't broke and all that..... :thu:

Kev tyler:
yes robbo

But when the right new product comes along I will tell the wife my old but perfectly fine product is broke

:)

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on April 15, 2015, 05:51:18 PM ---yes robbo

But when the right new product comes along I will tell the wife my old but perfectly fine product is broke

:)

--- End quote ---

I need to learn to be a little less honest, I guess. I thought I'd blown my keyboard amp at a gig the other night, which I told her. But I also told her that it was still working okay after I tested it the next day... Hmmm... Guess I didn't really think that through, did I?  :eek:

Keyboard Magic:
Telling tales to your spouses to get new gear? Shameful. Never did it in 27 years of marriage.  :angel: 

PS: I'm keeping an eye out for errant lightning bolts!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version