Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Digital trim coming to DL1608 and DL806

(1/7) > >>

Artaudio:
Apparently they are adding digital trims to the DL 1608 and 806's

This will be a great asset for the DL's. Fingers crossed!

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Artaudio on October 15, 2014, 09:00:45 PM ---Apparently they are adding digital trims to the DL 1608 and 0808's

This will be a great asset for the DL's. Fingers crossed!

--- End quote ---
Digital trim for each channel including the iPad channel will be welcome for sure. I think that all the new features being added to the DL806 and 1608 will be a breath of fresh air and keep the platform going for a while longer. I'm eagerly awaiting some new stuff to play with.  :) And if it hasn't been said yet, welcome to the forum too.  8)

Fluddman:
I assume this is only for new models. Be great if you could retrofit  :)

Artaudio:
Thanks for the welcome.. I have posted here a number of months ago and lurk around when iOS updates happen. I should post more often but I see everyone is having the same successes and tribulations. So I hate beating the horse (so to speak).

Thanks again and patiently waiting for MF3.0

Artaudio:

--- Quote from: Fluddman on October 16, 2014, 12:43:21 AM ---I assume this is only for new models. Be great if you could retrofit  :)

--- End quote ---

Apparently  this is part of the new Master Fader update and all DL's are getting this feature.

I'm guessing at the moment, but I presume you could set your input gains  and then be able to do some digital input trims if they start peaking. There are many times that I do a sound check and then when the show starts, the vocalist finds their stride and starts hitting the red line.. I don't think it will be perfect, but it will potentially prevent you from having to fight your way through the crowd and head to the Mixer for minor gain tweaks.

Also the digital trim is supposed to help with the input from the iPad.. As we all know that signal is too hot to do anything with and I have scared the hell out of audience members too many times when I forget to mute that damn channel..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version