Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V2.0 Wants and Speculation

<< < (14/42) > >>

JMc:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on May 20, 2013, 08:37:59 PM ---The alternative (well documented in the forums) is to run FOH in mono from an aux and use the mains for the recording. You'll need to mic the guitar amps and keys just for the recording (but then you can sneak a bit into the FOH without them noticing, even if you don't make them louder having a bit of guitar/bass/keys in the mix really helps to glue the sound together :-). BTW for recording the drums send only kick and overhead to tape, it works great and really simplifies the mixing task.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the tips.  Much appreciated.  It's funny, but how you mention it is exactly how we do it now.  Vocals, kick and overhead (when needed), and a little guitar and keys are usually sent to FOH.  We had a gig without our regular bass player this past weekend, who usually brings all the PA gear, so I had to substitute my little rinky dink PA and speakers for a smaller outdoor venue and was afraid to tax them too heavily.  The sound actually came out fantastic.  I can't wait to futz around with this stuff at our next gig and come out with a really nice live recording mix.  I'm stoked and having one of those "shoulda had a V8" moments, because I really should have figured this one out on my own.  LOL.  Cheers.

Jkowtko:
 Another show with the DL ... man, I sure hope they add stereo input and aux linking in the next release ... for every show I do this is a real pain in the butt  >:( ... at least with a hard control surface you can tape adjoining faders together ... can't do anything on an iScreen ... :|

RoadRanger:
The iPad does let you move up to four faders at once, no big deal to move a pair. But I also really need linking. Damned keyboard players want stereo monitor mixes of there stereo keyboards - imagine that :facepalm:.

So, any beta testers wanna give us at least a winky face if they're testing linking now? LOL

Jkowtko:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on May 29, 2013, 03:39:26 AM ---The iPad does let you move up to four faders at once, no big deal to move a pair.
--- End quote ---

Not easy when you are holding the iPad with your hands to the side and using either thumb for quick changes.

And try moving two aux masters in unison ...

sam.spoons:

--- Quote from: Jkowtko on May 29, 2013, 05:49:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: RoadRanger on May 29, 2013, 03:39:26 AM ---The iPad does let you move up to four faders at once, no big deal to move a pair.
--- End quote ---

Not easy when you are holding the iPad with your hands to the side and using either thumb for quick changes.

And try moving two aux masters in unison ...

--- End quote ---

Master Fader lets you move as many faders as you have on the screen (as long as you have enough fingers)  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version