Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader 3.0.2 Released

<< < (8/9) > >>

Renoman:
That no dock stuff spooks me.

WK154:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on February 22, 2015, 11:42:30 PM ---Strange that it should ask to update mid gig then as the fw must have been there from when you switched it all on.

On a similar note. I had a slightly, lets say "non-optimum" time last night, I was running PA for a charity event with four acts from a duo to a four piece electric band. I was using my X32 (DL1608 in the car as backup) and didn't take my Airport Extreme router which is set up for my X32 but used the Airport Express that usually lives with the DL. I had made the settings identical to make them interchangeable but, while the iPad connected to the Express the Airport app told me the Express needed to update and, as there was no internet (or mobile signal) at the venue, this was not possible. I managed fine running from the desk but without faders it might have been another story. The sequel is that the X32 connected back to the Extreme the moment I got it home and I then plugged the Express to the DL and fired than up with the same result (and no update request)!

--- End quote ---
Yea that's Steve from the grave still working his magic. I don't understand why you didn't check the combo out before doing any work. ;)

Wynnd:
My 2014 Sienna wasn't going to pass any trucks with the check engine light flashing.  I'm guessing there's a minimum operation level that the fuel injection / valve timing kick into and there isn't much power there.   Restart and a couple of miles traveled and all 266 Horses came back to life.   Weird crap happens with computers.  By the way, bought the car in October and it's still about 2K short of its second service and first oil change.  (My previous 1999 Sienna was totaled in an intersection.) 

pytchley:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on February 22, 2015, 11:19:08 PM ---Surely the update would try to load the moment the DL/iPad are turned on? For most that would be early in the setup/system proving stage of the gig. If it randomly updates during a show that would be very worrying. Are you sure you didn't inadvertently have the iPad connected to the internet during the show?

--- End quote ---

Mine had been running docked and undocked for some time (testing network cables). Update came during a re-dock.

sam.spoons:

--- Quote from: WK154 on February 23, 2015, 12:04:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: sam.spoons on February 22, 2015, 11:42:30 PM ---Strange that it should ask to update mid gig then as the fw must have been there from when you switched it all on.

On a similar note. I had a slightly, lets say "non-optimum" time last night, I was running PA for a charity event with four acts from a duo to a four piece electric band. I was using my X32 (DL1608 in the car as backup) and didn't take my Airport Extreme router which is set up for my X32 but used the Airport Express that usually lives with the DL. I had made the settings identical to make them interchangeable but, while the iPad connected to the Express the Airport app told me the Express needed to update and, as there was no internet (or mobile signal) at the venue, this was not possible. I managed fine running from the desk but without faders it might have been another story. The sequel is that the X32 connected back to the Extreme the moment I got it home and I then plugged the Express to the DL and fired than up with the same result (and no update request)!

--- End quote ---
Yea that's Steve from the grave still working his magic. I don't understand why you didn't check the combo out before doing any work. ;)

--- End quote ---
Yup, hindsight is 20-20 and knuckles have been rapped (mine in this case,). In my defence I had run the X32 with the Express before I bought the Extreme an all had been fine. TBH I had intended to use the DL with the X32 as backup but changed my mind at the last minute, hence not taking the X32's router. Im pretty sure the non-connection was an X32/DL quirk not Apple in this case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version