Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

FAQ: Use Rubber Grommets for Loose Trim Pots

(1/6) > >>

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: dpdan ---I bought 8 rubber grommets from my local mom and pop hardware store, and cut them in half, then smoothed off the area where I made the cut and put one under each gain knob. This keeps the pots from being accidentally moved.

Now I have to use considerably more effort to change the settings.
This would be great for those who use their 1608 for the same inputs on consecutive gigs, as long as the same mics are used on the same instruments, and are placed close to the same spot, setting levels should be a lot quicker on your next gig.

The grommets I bought have a 1/4 inch inside diameter and a 1/2 inch outside diameter.

--- End quote ---

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Oddeotek ---Thanks for the great idea. I bought 1/4" rubber washers at Home Depot for $.86 in a pack of four. I lucked out when one of the packs actually contained 5 so I had one for the headphone pot . Depending on how hard you push back down on the knob when replacing it, you can go from light resistance to a near- permanent setting.
--- End quote ---

Felt washers might work too.

dpdan:
thanks for the email Ron,

the "other" forum used my actual name as the username instead of dpdan, I sent numerous requests to change it and never received even an acknowledgement.

thanks for bringing this back from the dead  :) 
Dan Kury

RoadRanger:
 :) 8) :thu:

musicman7722:
Thumbs up :thu:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version